No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francisco Vargas Coming Up Clean in Recent VADA Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Probably because its a cheap and easy way to pump the cows up. Steroids are probably cheaper in Mexico than Anti-biotics and Mexico dont have regulations like we do in the U.S.
    But where is the foresight? Don't they see a problem with people ingesting this stuff into their bodies through the meat? That can't be healthy.

I guess they don't care, though, as long as they make money. The kind of thinking that seems to be a big problem in the world today.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
      Vargas' positive result had detected only minimal trace amounts of clenbuterol. His results just the week prior had come back clean just like these results, giving validity to his meat contamination claim. Btw, beef contamination is such a real issue in Mexico that the NFL recently warned players about it after one players also tested positive due to contamination.
      Yeah I'm actually starting to buy the contaminated meat story. Mexico needs to get their act together with their meat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        But where is the foresight? Don't they see a problem with people ingesting this stuff into their bodies through the meat? That can't be healthy.

I guess they don't care, though, as long as they make money. The kind of thinking that seems to be a big problem in the world today.
        Honestly man Im American (From Southern Ca) but from what I see and hear it doesnt sound to much like the Mexican Govt gives two craps about their people, sadly... One thing I always tell people is life in America is worth a lot more than in other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Not because I am Mexican American but I agree there has to be some kinda leniency (or benefit of the doubt). I can't stand a cheat in combat sports more than anything, but if Olympic and Pro sports teams are talking about the meat being contaminated than you can't necessarily throw shade at the fighter if his opponent still wants the fight. BUT there still has to be something done or there needs to be a standard set, I think this is a rare case where the opponent should get to choose and the governing commission should take the opponents/teams recommendation into consideration.
          That's a slippery slope. Because some fighters will take advantage of that leniency. Clen with boxers is commonly used to shed weight. So a fighter like Morales could have been intentionally using it as we do know he has shedding weight issues. But then he did have times where he tested negative as did Vargas. So you never really know.

But I don't think you can really have any leniency about it because cheats will take advantage easily.

Comment

Working...
          X