No announcement yet.

Best gyms/trainers in Philly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best gyms/trainers in Philly?

I loved my gym in Queens, New York, and the thought of training anywhere else is a little disheartening. Also, the boxing game done changed in Philly since I last lived here. Anyone know what the 'best' gym is around here or what trainer I should go with? I can't believe Bouie Fischer passed on just before I made my move, I had every intention of working out with him, at least a few times..

i really like your signatures, it is lovely

Comment

Originally posted by seopower View Post
      i really like your signatures, it is lovely
      Thanks, my main man Natas made it for me. He asked what clips I wanted in there, and I think I had to send him a couple of the fights and he did it all.

Comment

I hear Joe Hands in S Philly is the place to go, any input?

Comment

Bumpies (:

Comment

Bumpiedeedoodah niggas!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
              I loved my gym in Queens, New York, and the thought of training anywhere else is a little disheartening. Also, the boxing game done changed in Philly since I last lived here. Anyone know what the 'best' gym is around here or what trainer I should go with? I can't believe Bouie Fischer passed on just before I made my move, I had every intention of working out with him, at least a few times..
              My bad bro just saw this havent been in the T&N forum in a little while.

Theres Front st. gym which I have heard great things about the trainers there, its in a really bad neighborhood though.

Joe Hands Gym, Martin Luther King Gym, The fight factory, and 12th street gym.... Thoughs are the ones I know off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more around.

I used to go to Joe Hands which was a good gym they taught me alot, it was when I was young though lik 12-14.

I got Upper Darby Boxing Club which is right outside of Philly by 69th st. I joined there after moving.

Comment

How many gyms you guys got in Philly? In Boston I think there may be 3 or 4 at best...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  My bad bro just saw this havent been in the T&N forum in a little while.

Theres Front st. gym which I have heard great things about the trainers there, its in a really bad neighborhood though.

Joe Hands Gym, Martin Luther King Gym, The fight factory, and 12th street gym.... Thoughs are the ones I know off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more around.

I used to go to Joe Hands which was a good gym they taught me alot, it was when I was young though lik 12-14.

I got Upper Darby Boxing Club which is right outside of Philly by 69th st. I joined there after moving.
                  THANK YOU! Finally a response! I love the sig by the way, can't wait for the new season in September! So do you always pay per session with each trainer these days? In NY I'd just pay monthly for the 3x per week option and really show up as often as I wanted. If my trainer had the time, he'd hold pads, otherwise I'd hit bags, do padwork w someone else, spar, work out, whatever. Do you know any good trainers and which gyms are best out of those? I had a lot of friends that trained out of Front st gym, but this was like 5 years ago.. Also I heard Bernard trained out of Upper Darby and that Nazim trains out there. I'd be down with that in a heartbeat. I guess the L would take me out that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
                    THANK YOU! Finally a response! I love the sig by the way, can't wait for the new season in September! So do you always pay per session with each trainer these days? In NY I'd just pay monthly for the 3x per week option and really show up as often as I wanted. If my trainer had the time, he'd hold pads, otherwise I'd hit bags, do padwork w someone else, spar, work out, whatever. Do you know any good trainers and which gyms are best out of those? I had a lot of friends that trained out of Front st gym, but this was like 5 years ago.. Also I heard Bernard trained out of Upper Darby and that Nazim trains out there. I'd be down with that in a heartbeat. I guess the L would take me out that way?
                    The trainers at UD Boxing club are great. The guy that runs it is Andy Carr which is one of the coolest dudes youd ever meet. And the main boxing trainer is Chip Hart who is a great trainer as well. Bernard and Nazim are there every once in a while but not on a regular basis. And yeah you just take the L westbound to 69th st.

For payment you just pay a registration for say 12 months and all the classes and training is included.

For the other gyms I dont know a whole lot about. I have heard really good things about Front st. and MLK. And I know Fight Factory is a really good gym but it is mainly MMA I dont know how serious they are for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X