No announcement yet.

Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    I can't believe I'm defending Conor, but what makes him a great MMA striker is his distance. You don't practice distance in a heavy bag round. You practice punching technique and power. It's more of a cardio thing to get your arm strength and cardio up. When the elastic acid fills in your arms and you're gassed it's practice to keep delivering big punches. As fasr as that goes it looked like he was about to fail miserably then he looked a little better.
    In the heavy bag you practice power and cardio, but your power has no power if you throw your punches from the wrong distance. No distance, no snap. Exactly what connor had hitting the heavybag, 0 snap. Plus the distance in mma is different from the distance in boxing, completely different, because of the legs and grabs.

I can give you that being a showoff, he can do it just for the sake of doing it. I've seen many very good boxers doing the same, just because they didnt want to do it correctly, but a guy that hits the heavybag always that way will have a lot of problems. And honestly, even those guys that are lazy enough not to do it properly in the showoff, they throw some hits correctly just because of movement automation, or for the sake of listening that "bam!" that shows that you have snap. Connor just couldnt.

His cardio was mehhhh, at best. I would say it was horrible. He did nothing, and was exhausted. Yes, he threw those horrible defenseless uppercuts at the end, but that's all he had, there was nothing left after that in him, nothing. He's going to be executed.
    Last edited by ray moe; 08-11-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

First thing that glares out to me is how he drops his right hand when he throws his left hand. If this man isn't dropped with a right hand counter I'd be damn surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
        You are a ******ed human being and you should stop posting....
        Butthurt remedy:

Last edited by Vlad_; 08-11-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Switches stance for no apparent reason, leaves his chin exposed, and squares up.

Big flaw: Dropping his right hand while throwing a left straight

He's gonna be a big target for Floyd. Floyd loves his jab to the midsection to lower his opponent's hands.
          When fighting a southpaw you don't throw the jab to the body because you can be countered with a right hook. Instead you throw the right hand to the body, which Floyd will do consistently.

Comment

Looks like I figured, amateur

Comment

He actually thinks he's gonna outsmart, and cut angles on Floyd. He's going about this all wrong. He's not gonna win the precision, and counter punching game. A really good jab troubled Floyd against Cotto, but Conor has almost no jab, that I'm aware of. He's smoked turkey.

Comment

What if Connors so ******ed it actually throws floyd off a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                  He actually thinks he's gonna outsmart, and cut angles on Floyd. He's going about this all wrong. He's not gonna win the precision, and counter punching game. A really good jab troubled Floyd against Cotto, but Conor has almost no jab, that I'm aware of. He's smoked turkey.
                  Yes, he really thinks hes going to play the range game and out counter floyd. Thats the way he always fights, and hes great at it in MMA. The difference is in MMA the guys he faces are terrible boxers who lack the most basic of fundamentals and boxing defense. He relies on a pulling counter left hand and is very successful with it.

In boxing though, that is not going to be nearly enough. Not just floyd any boxer will see all conor is trying to do is get them to walk into a left, adjust and then dismantle him. I think conor is simply under the impression he can walk in from MMA into boxing and do the same exact thing to actual boxers. He hasnt even hired a proper boxing trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                    Could be a serious issue in boxing for him. He keeps his hands way to low and relies on pulling his head back to counter its his best offensive attack. Ive seen all of his UFC fights he does it constantly, it works against terrible boxers in the UFC but floyd will make him pay for **** like that he lacks defense. He just tries to pull away , when diaz pressures him he just ate shots with zero headmovement.
                    He showed some head movement, just not nearly enough. You can't take a lack of head movement in MMA as an indicator for a lack of movement in boxing though, although you can potentially take it as an indicator for a lack of effectiveness with it.

Head movement in MMA opens you up to more counters and makes fighters more hesitant because of the difficulty of mastering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      Yup, best shot of Ward's entire career, and it fazed Kovalev for all 15 seconds...
                      15 is long ass time in the ring. Even though it was closer to 40 seconds he didn't even try to really fight after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X