No announcement yet.

Boxings Best Bitesize Battles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxings Best Bitesize Battles?

In light of Canelo and Kirkland's 3 rnd slugfest last night, I'm in the mood to watch some mini wars.

Has to be 3 rnds or under.

Obvious first choice...

Ricardo Torres vs Kendall Holt. Maybe the craziest first minute in the history of the sport.

Martinez vs. Williams. Mostly remembered for the KO, but the first round both came out to fight and landed some very good shots

Nigel Benn had a couple:

vs. Anthony Logan

vs. Iran Barkley. IB didnt have quite enough speed and power at this stage in his career to really make this interesting, but he landed some pretty good shots regardless... Benn could well have been disqualified too.

Comment

You should enjoy this Tom:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=512117

Comment

Does Judah-tsyzu count... It was pretty close til the right hand

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I hope so. I was there! But really the KO punch was the story of that fight. It was just heating up before that.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Cheers Bat, looks like I was late to the party. I'm working my way through 'In this Corner' btw. Quality book. Like how well the writer captures the fighters mannerisms and how they speak.

Lew Jenkins has been my standout so far. I was disappointed I couldn't find any of his fights on youtube. He sounds like an absolute nut job.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Great shout. First round was pretty dominant from Judah
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 05-14-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Calzaghe vs Byron Mitchell

Calzaghe getting dropped and getting up and bombing out Mitchell was great... Heading into the lacy fight, I watched the mitchell fight, and thought to myself, "Calzaghe is gonna be a tough out"

Comment

Working...
              X