Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny's new opponent instead of Matthysse. Continue taking in more drug cheats Golden Boy! That's the American way!

Comment

GBP only signed Cheaterson to be sacrificed, have no doubt about that.

I hope they sacrifice him to Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Which is why I've always favored Rios to beat him, Matthysse will at least let off shots in close but that doesn't necessarily mean he can fight on the inside, infighting is a skill, people here can't seem to understand that. I know Peterson isn't liked here and rightfully so but when it comes to infighting he's up there at 140, him and Rios distinctively.
        Garcia doesn't really do anything well

He's not really a good counter puncher, he's not fast, he can punch but he's not an overly hard puncher, he's not really good at cutting off the ring, his footwork isn't good.

Only area's he's seems quite good in is timing and his chin. And he can punch well with the left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Bradley lost the inside battle and boxed for 8 rounds. And he's one of the best inside fighters in boxing.

Peterson would obliterate Garcia inside.
          Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Not what occurred, Peterson actually got the better of Bradley in close, especially in the 3rd round after he had gotten knock down and the 4th round as well, it was when Bradley decided to box and pick his spots that he dominated. Garcia is a mid range counter puncher who likes to throw with his opponents, he's not a boxer, when have you seen him box around his opponents while pumping the jab? Again, Peterson can neutralize Garcia's left hook by smothering him and truly test whether he can fight in close which I honestly don't think he can.
          So what you all are basically saying is that Amir lost the inside fight to the best inside fighter at the 140 limit?

That means Amir does pretty well against inside fighters then. Considering many believe Amir won the fight against the best 140 inside fighter who happened to be on steroids.

Comment

i think peterson beats garcia but lucas ko him

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              So what you all are basically saying is that Amir lost the inside fight to the best inside fighter at the 140 limit?

That means Amir does pretty well against inside fighters then. Considering many believe Amir won the fight against the best 140 inside fighter who happened to be on steroids.
              Khan's a talented dude. He's capable of beating a lot of guys, despite the flack he gets around here.

Comment

Peterson vs Khan 2 in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                  WTF!?!?!

I thought Schaefer was the anti-doping advocate...LMAO at GBP. This m'fer cheated for Khan, tried to slick about it and admitted to it; and he's already being talked about lucrative fights. Damn shame.
                  lol you obviously have no clue about the business of boxing... golden boy practically has a lock on the 140-147 lbs, not to mention the best fighter at 135lbs and canelo as well at 154 lb.....

the main reason why rios has to fight alvarado again is because all the good fighters are with golden boy, the main reason why bradley is sitting on the shelf is cause the 147 lb div is at golden boy..... Arum is at a point where he's choosing either between his pride.. or making a fight

im not sure who's in charge of signings with top rank but they have obviously dropped the ball big time, schaefer is genius with how much control he's gotten of those divisoins

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    GBP only signed Cheaterson to be sacrificed, have no doubt about that.

I hope they sacrifice him to Matthysse.
                    I would give Peterson a good shot at beating Matt's..Matt's is not unbeatable despite how big his legend is growing...

Comment

There goes Matthysse vs Garcia,GBP using Peterson to figth Matthysee

Comment

Working...
                      X