No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza Puzzled With Judge Who Scored For Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    I thought Lara did cross the line between using the ring and running at times. It was painfull to watch. Lara probably did more to deserve to win, but I'm fine with the draw because nobody deserved to win after giving us such a ****ty fight.
    Nah Lara USED the ring. Moreno on the other hand... RAN!

Big difference.

Comment

Im puzzled as to why arizas opinion even matters!!!!

Comment

It's easier to defend than attack and boxing is full of so called counter punchers. Let the other guy come forward, do the work, and then score with punches that lack power due to the backward motion. Unless the counter puncher has a weapon, like a Danny Garcia killer left hook, the fight stinks and the counter puncher wins an ugly decision. It's a safety first attitude that may be smart, but boxing is a spectator sport and fans want action. Stink all you want and your paydays will reflect it.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
          Some people would prefer boxers wearing cement shoes so they can't move around and have every fight end in blood and sweat.

I still can't believe that first judge refused to score the final round, especially after Lederman hyped him up as being the best of the 3 judges there. Scoring it 10-10 even though it was only 26 seconds long was taking the easy, non-confrontational way out.
          I thought that was the best way to score that final round. Neither of the two did anything conclusive to win that round. And to sway a whole round to one side for 26 seconds seems silly.

Comment

Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
            I thought that was the best way to score that final round. Neither of the two did anything conclusive to win that round. And to sway a whole round to one side for 26 seconds seems silly.
            Agree 100%. 10-10 was the absolute right call.

Comment

The Sweet Science: To hit without getting hit......

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              if you're over 70 years of age you shouldnt be judging fights.

if you look at all the horrid scorecards throughout history, you will find 70 and 80 year olds with bifocals and apple sauce stains.

there should be an age limit when it comes to judging fights.

Do this and you clean up scoring a great deal.
              LMAO @ apple sauce stains.....real talk though. Also get them geezers from behind the wheel as well.....

Originally posted by johncods View Post
              Lederman still had lara winning at the end despite the point deduction. Vanes could have easily won the rounds 1-4 as lara didn't do **** but look cute defensively and throw jabs.
              See my title.....

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              In an ugly fight like this you have no choice but to give the aggressor the upper hand and score in his favor.

Lara did nothing in this fight but fight dirty, dude was really running, Roy Jones said it best he respect Vanes power early and was trying to just counter Vanes when he came in.

Runners shouldnt be rewarded at all, they dont call this a fight for nothing, it takes two, and when you got one guy being aggressive and the other guy just moving the majority of the fight and throwing the occassion flick jab followed by a left to the face or body, that isn't enough.

this scared style of fighting should get point deductions.

But can someone make a gif of Moreno I think it was round 9 when he literally ran backwards as Mares chased him that was funny and embarrassing. If you run like that it should automatically cost you the round seriously.

deduct points for holding and running so boxing can be exciting and real skill not running and flicking jabs to avoid getting hit that is not boxing.

James Toney is a real pure boxer he never runs.
              You too - read my title. And for the record, James Toney can't run - his a$$ is too fat......

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              It's easier to defend than attack and boxing is full of so called counter punchers. Let the other guy come forward, do the work, and then score with punches that lack power due to the backward motion. Unless the counter puncher has a weapon, like a Danny Garcia killer left hook, the fight stinks and the counter puncher wins an ugly decision. It's a safety first attitude that may be smart, but boxing is a spectator sport and fans want action. Stink all you want and your paydays will reflect it.
              Follow the other two. And Danny Garcia "killer left hook"? Please stop it - it landed on a defense-deficient china-chinned Khan & a shot old man. End of story......

Comment

I really think hbo commentators have talking points they are given regarding who is "winning"

Comment

Originally posted by Samsrealtor View Post
                  There is some people that think boxing is a bloodshed battle.
                  Lara is an smart fighter and was winning that fight easy.
                  listen dude. I like Lara as a fighter, but there is no way he was winning that fight. He had a good last round (the last full round before the fight got stopped), but that was pretty much it. Other than that Martirosyan won almost all rounds based on activity. There is just no way anybody can score this fight a draw or a win for Lara. not this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    listen dude. I like Lara as a fighter, but there is no way he was winning that fight. He had a good last round (the last full round before the fight got stopped), but that was pretty much it. Other than that Martirosyan won almost all rounds based on activity. There is just no way anybody can score this fight a draw or a win for Lara. not this fight.
                    Vanes got outlanded even though he was the "aggressor"......

Comment

whats puzzling about it? lara was winning

Comment

Working...
                      X