No announcement yet.

Cloud vs Campillo thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud vs Campillo thoughts?

Campillo is a very sound technical boxer. Controls range and distance well. But Cloud's explosiveness will be a big problem for him. I usually favor the boxer over the more aggressive and gritty guy. But Cloud actually has good countering ability, his defense has gotten slightly better over the years. And as good as a boxer Campillo is, he really doesn't utilize alot of movement, that's not to say he has a bad defense, because he doesn't. but as the fight goes on, he becomes more and more vulnerable. Cloud had problems with Mack early, but who doesn't? Mack also uses alot of footwork and movement, whereas Campillo is there to be hit, Cloud is just so explosive, he at times puts fighters on the defensive. I expect Campillo to get off to a good start, but Cloud will find his timing and distance, and will break Campillo down over the course of the affair. Nonetheless, anyway you cut it, there's no way I can see this not being a fan friendly fight.

Nobody knows who Campillo is...maybe i'll have to watch some footage.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRage View Post
      What? Are you serious? Campillo is a pretty good boxer and is going to trouble Cloud, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRage View Post
        Well, he fought Shumenov twice (and beat him once), had two fights with Murat, go watch Campillo-Murat II, it's a good fight

Comment

I think Cloud will eventually get to him.

Comment

Honestly, anyone who loses to Shumenov is a big question mark to me. Beibut is awful.

But that's not saying the whole story, as Compillo is pretty sound. He keeps his head up too high though and he resembles Glen Johnson a lot when he's working. I could see this looking like Cloud/Johnson, less competitive though.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Honestly, anyone who loses to Shumenov is a big question mark to me. Beibut is awful.

But that's not saying the whole story, as Compillo is pretty sound. He keeps his head up too high though and he resembles Glen Johnson a lot when he's working. I could see this looking like Cloud/Johnson, less competitive though.
              he only "lost" in one of the worst robberies I've ever seen in my life.

I see there are some boxrec warriors up in here cuz NO ONE who saw that fight can say Shumenov won, not a single person can even make the claim it was a draw. That's how bad it was. It was like Lara-Williams only probably even worse than that. Shumenov was getting destroyed and the ref nearly stopped the fight on 2-3 occasions he was getting beaten so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

Did you even bother to watch the Beibut fight, boxrec warrior?

Comment

During that Shumenov robbery I had the strangest thought: Campillo is like Manny Pacquiao without speed or power.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
                    Well, he fought Shumenov twice (and beat him once), had two fights with Murat, go watch Campillo-Murat II, it's a good fight
                    He beat Shumenov twice and was clearly robbed in the 2nd fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X