No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Marquez Negotiations Stalled on Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
    Marquez shouldn't have called out Floyd if he wasn't considering moving up to 147. Mayweather shouldn't budge on this issue.
    If he budges for jmm then he is fuked from here on out at the table. He is the man of the sport right now whether ppl want to acknowledge or not!

Comment

Marquez shouldn't have called out Floyd if he wasn't considering moving up to 147. Mayweather shouldn't budge on this issue.
      And if Mayweather won't budge below 147 to fight this 36 year old FW/LW, then Floyd should ... I don't know ... fight a damn WW with a pulse .... maybe?

Comment

• Floyd will dust off JMM with ease ( Unfortunately, JMM's style is all wrong, even if it was prime Floyd at 130 )

Pac will more than likely beat Hatton, setting up Pac - Floyd

Someone has to be a sacrificial lamb as Floyd's return bout

He could face a decent Welter like Collazo, Quintana or of course JMM

JMM brings more notoriety than other decent Welter, it sets up Pac - Floyd

JMM ticks all the boxes

Comment

• Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
          I think u forgot the name of the game is hit and not get hit! There is waaay more to boxing than getting punched in the face Novice!
          lol, novice? you dont know me kid. anyhow, i think ur getting off the subject. if pbf is too small for true welters, why insist on fighting at welter LIMIT? that makes no sense at all from a man-the-phuck-up point of view.

pbf is a great fighter, he should be in the ring and fighting. dont all greats of any sport LOVE competition?

Comment

And why should JMM budge??? Because PBF was on silly TV shows and typical sports fans still don't know who the fuk he is?

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              And why should JMM budge??? Because PBF was on silly TV shows and typical sports fans still don't know who the fuk he is?
              1 - Marquez called out Floyd for a fight. The challenger meets the challenged on the challenged' terms when that is the case. This works both ways keep in mind. If Floyd was the one who pushed for Marquez...

Floyd shouldn't budge because he wasn't the one looking for Juan, infact, he wasn't even on his radar.

Case in point:

Freddie Roach being able to use Manny to leverage weight against Oscar because DLH sought the fight, not the other way around.
              Last edited by Haglerwins; 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

1 - Marquez called Floyd for a fight. The challenger meets the challenged on the challenged' terms when that is the case. This works both ways keep in mind. If Floyd was the one who pushed for Marquez...

No!!!! Just because one boxer challanges another boxer doesn't give either fighter the right to have huge advantages over the other. This is Floyd taking advantage of a fighters courage and hopefully JMM is smart enough to tell floyd to fuk off.

I asked this before and i'll ask this again. Why do boxing fans argue against their best intrests. 147 the fight most likely wont happen but at 140 the fight is more likely to get made.

Comment

• Originally posted by {}{}MATADOR{}{} View Post
                  Mayweather you wanna fight Marquez at 147?

Thats a ***** move right there!
                  no it aint. JMM called out PBF not the other way around. why should floyd drop down in weight when JMM was the who offered the challenge. if JMM is bad enough to call Floyd out then he should be bad enough to move up to 147. floyds not that big of a welter anyway

Comment

• Floyd mayweather has no intentions of fighting any real 147 pounder unless he's a nobody.
                    Theres no way they should acknowledge Mayweather P4P record including the weight of 147. Just because he makes the weight. Did Floyd Mayweather moved up just to have all the lightweights follow him. Making the 147 division of fighters that aren't naturally Welterweights without any of them actually facing one true Welterweight, because Mayweather shouldn't be consider if he doesn't want to fight any.

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      No!!!! Just because one boxer challanges another boxer doesn't give either fighter the right to have huge advantages over the other. This is Floyd taking advantage of a fighters courage and hopefully JMM is smart enough to tell floyd to fuk off.

I asked this before and i'll ask this again. Why do boxing fans argue against their best intrests. 147 the fight most likely wont happen but at 140 the fight is more likely to get made.

Are you forgetting Mayweather conceded to Oscar's stipulations for their fight? There was no catch weight, or any of that other meet me half way crap! This isn't about huge advantages. If you call another fighter out, you're putting yourself at their level, so expect to fight them at their level. If you're not willing to do that, why call a guy out only to try to force him to fight on your terms? That's stupid imo, especially when it's a guy who commands a big purse and mega fight status like MW.
                      Last edited by Haglerwins; 04-19-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X