• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

'nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
      but you know how theres people that say...tarver was weight drained, and the rest were fighters that moved up. I want to see how many of them are around.
      it wasn't no weight drain.

tarver ain't no one special.

prime for prime hopkins beats milk dud. a lot of good middleweight to light heavyweight champions in history would have.

milk dud lost to hopkins because hopkins is better than tarver. that's just how it is. what's tarver's excuse for looking like crap before rocky?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tito View Post
        what's tarver's excuse for looking like crap before rocky?
        He was learning his lines instead of training.

Comment

"Now, should this “fight” represent the end of the line for Hopkins, he leaves the squared-circle as the premier middleweight of his era. I, unlike many of my colleagues, do not consider “Nard” as an all time great, but his legacy as an all time “good” is secured. He did reign as a champion for a very long time, but it was against a weak pool of contenders and unproven prospects. His two “career defining” wins came against blown-up welterweights. Still, Hopkins’ “rags to riches” and “fight the power” story, dedication to training, model of clean living, and lengthy title reign are a testament to his character, resilience, and are great examples for young pugs all over the world. " 2005 by Sergio Martinez from dhb.com

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Sergio122305.htm

i wonder if this guy changed his mind form three years ago. I think bernard is more than all time good...lol

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
            He was learning his lines instead of training.
            i hate milk dud so much.........

you know i watched the hopkins-tarver fight to root for HOPKINS!!?!?!?

you know if i'm rooting for hopkins , something's up.

Comment

"Before Saturday night, some would have argued against Nard’s being considered a great fighter, but I think the manner in which he out-classed a big, strong, young undefeated champion left no doubt in the minds of any knowledgeable boxing fan that Hopkins is more than just one of the best fighters of this era and a future hall of famer. I think everyone can agree that Hopkins is one for the ages."-Doug Fischer from maxboxing

good to see Hopkins getting the credit he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tito View Post
                yes.

his resume speaks for itself. i still voted no out of spite though.

he's an atg. not one of the top ones. he's no ali or robinson but he's up there.

higher than floyd. i know that much.
                I knew you would vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                  I highly doubt anyone would argue against it, even prior to the Pavlik win.
                  Basically stole the words from my keyboard. And yes, I was one of those that thought that Pavlik would finish Hopkins before the final bell.

Comment

i would put him along ali and robinson. 20 defenses at middleweight, moves up and pwnz tarver who at the time was a big win, beats winky top 5 p4p at the time, controversial loss to calzaghe and beats pavlik top 10 p4p. not easy to accomplish i dont care who you are that is ONE HELL of a resume

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                      I knew you would vote no.
                      lmao

you know most of the time i'm just messing.

like my sig. why the hell would i put that when he ktfo tito? lol

i give hopkins his due sometimes in a moment of weakness.

being a boxing fan is so much more fun when you superlove your fighter and you superhate their rivals.

Comment

Working...
                      X