• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
    very good analysis
    Much abliged!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      What a HORRIBLE analysis. Comparing Canelo's fights with Floyd and Lara to a fight with LLLenady.

Floyd and Lara move...LLLenady stands right in front of you.

Canelo's footwork will not be a factor since all he'll have to do is sit on the ropes or fight backing up
      If he sits on the ropes and invites golovkin onto him....he will be slaughtered , golovkins footwork is pretty damn good , he cuts the ring off and he is never out of balance....canelo has slow fleet and that will be his downfall in this fight because golovkin will be in front of him from round 1 and if canelo can't create distant between him and golovkin he is serious trouble...he is shorter .less reach , less power and on past fights lacks stamina....golovkin will break canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Jacobs would breeze past canelo and make him look like a dwarf.....no fighter i have seen has managed to make golovkin go on his back foot and box on the retreat...don't delude yourself with footspeed , golovkin cuts the ring far better and has generally much better footwork than canelo....canelo is slower with his feet than golovkin and weve already seen canelo look like his feet are in mud against lara and fmj.....Golovkin will catch up to Canelo

that is ridiculous plunger

the reason why you were wrong about Golovkin/Jacobs..... did not happen because Jacobs is not what you thought he was, it happened because Golovkin is not what you thought he was..... or more precisely, a combination of both

you guys will get some more lessons all around soon

just like you did with Ward, just like with Spence, etc etc

the reason why "no fighter i have seen has managed to make golovkin go on his back foot"..... is because he has never fought anyone who was worth a damn

now you know why he avoided mover/spoilers

Comment

So now your classing lemeuix the same as golovkin now...thats funny lemeuix was systematically broken down by golovkin without golovkin winning a single round lol ....and to add he just used his jab for the demolition job as well ...look we have our bet and just be ready to pay out because when the dust is clear your be sending the money over to me by paypal.....keep your word gumbo

come on man, Lemieux is a BUM

actually, I hate that word.....

that was wrong, and unnecessarily disrespectful

Lemieux is a straight up and down tough-guy

no special effects, very ordinary, very limited

I have seen DOZENS of Lemieux's during my lifetime, none of them achieved anything notable

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
            Much abliged!
            green K sent on that analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              come on man, Lemieux is a BUM

actually, I hate that word.....

that was wrong, and unnecessarily disrespectful

Lemieux is a straight up and down tough-guy

no special effects, very ordinary, very limited

I have seen DOZENS of Lemieux's during my lifetime, none of them achieved anything notable
              We are a only a few months away to find out....i didnt know who to pick with brook and spence lol....ward never beat kovalev thats for sure and its widely considered it was a gift decsion....ward vs kovalev 2 is one 17 days away so we will see what happens there....as for golovkin vs canelo ..beating a punching bag in chavez jnr who has not won any meaningful fight for over 4 years , beatng liam smith at 154 and china chin khan is not going to prepare him for golovkin....golovkin had one close fight ...canelo has had many, golovkin will rip canelo apart come september

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                Canelo definitely has the hand speed advantage but there a few things to keep in mind.

1) Golovkin has very good timing. There's a reason why he's accurate with the jab. Its hard to avoid. Its why Brook's eye was the way it was, it was GGG's jab rather than power shots. Golovkin has been able to land the jab against boxers much faster than him. Also, to disrupt a boxer with very fast hands is a good job. Shane Mosley's hands were faster than Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest but it was their timing of the jab and reach(Although Mosley's defense is definitely not as good as Winky or Vernon). When De La Hoya and Mayweather fought, De La Hoya's jab actually gave Floyd problems at times when he threw it(Although Floyd won that fight without a doubt). Canelo, just like other counter punchers, have trouble dealing with a well timed jab...he seems a bit confused and although he sometimes is able to avoid it, it leaves him vulnerable.

2) Golovkin's height and reach. Although their reach is about equal, Golovkin is taller which will mean that to get Golovkin, Canelo will have to commit to landing on him but that's where GGG can get to him. Golovkin in the jacobs and Lemieux fight showed his underrated offense. There's a reason why Jacobs at times had trouble landing on Golovkin flush at first(He did have success later in the fight)

3) The constant pace-Canelo has nice skills, movements and a variety of punches. The issue though is that a lot of it uses up quite a bit of energy. Also, the Lliam Smith fight was very telling(Although Canelo hurt his hand), in that Canelo seemed to be vulnerable when smith used intelligent pressure. Just that he couldn't take Canelo's shots while Golovkin has taken shots from harder hitters. Canelo getting tired against JCC Jr wasn't a good sign either.

Stylistically, this favors Golovkin. Canelo seems to have his most success countering against swarm punchers or guys who are afraid to get caught by him. But against someone who's got more overall range, a better jab, and has more stamina and can take what he has and won't let him recharge, this is gonna be a very very tough fight for him.
                I didn't see Canelo get tired against JCC Jr. I did see him consistently throw about 50 punches a round and refuse to sit between rounds. I have not seen incredibly stamina from GGG but that is because his fights rarely reach the championship rounds.

Golovkin does have an excellent jab and timing but he's there to be hit. Canelo will need to beat him to punch with his power punch combo's and then try and avoid some of GGG's punches.

Yes Golovkin is taller but that is why the JCC Jr fight was an experience gaining fight for Canelo. It gave him the opportunity to fight a taller fighter....although JCC Jr fights small.

Canelo's is a counter puncher but in my opinion, his counter punching is rooted in power punch combo's and that makes him somewhat different than a lot of counter puncher.

Stylistically this should be an excellent fight. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
                  I didn't see Canelo get tired against JCC Jr. I did see him consistently throw about 50 punches a round and refuse to sit between rounds. I have not seen incredibly stamina from GGG but that is because his fights rarely reach the championship rounds.

Golovkin does have an excellent jab and timing but he's there to be hit. Canelo will need to beat him to punch with his power punch combo's and then try and avoid some of GGG's punches.

Yes Golovkin is taller but that is why the JCC Jr fight was an experience gaining fight for Canelo. It gave him the opportunity to fight a taller fighter....although JCC Jr fights small.

Canelo's is a counter puncher but in my opinion, his counter punching is rooted in power punch combo's and that makes him somewhat different than a lot of counter puncher.

Stylistically this should be an excellent fight. Can't wait.
                  I agree. Canelo didn't tire in his fight with Chavez Jr. He just outboxed him every round but couldn't put him away. I think that is telling when it comes to the Golovkin fight. Golovkin on a whole different level both in skill and power. If Golovkin can take Canelo's power it will be business as usual for him. If Golovkin can't take Canelo's power things might get interesting. Looking forward to this one and the forthcoming analysis afterwards

Comment

We are a only a few months away to find out....i didnt know who to pick with brook and spence lol....

well, picking fights is hard

here, let me help.....

Ward will beat Kovalev, AGAIN

Canelo will beat Golovkin

the key is, forget about who you want to win

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    ....ward never beat kovalev thats for sure and its widely considered it was a gift decsion....ward vs kovalev 2 is one 17 days away so we will see what happens there....

like I said, forget about who you guys wanted, to win..... LOTS of insiders had Ward winning that fight

I don't listen to anyone who refers to that fight as a robbery..... that is just casual-fan bunk

BEFORE that fight, YOU stated that you could not see a way that Ward could possibly win..... and yet, despite the fact that a lot of insiders saw Ward winning that fight, you guys decided that three judges were paid off..... three judges that Duva co-signed

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    ....as for golovkin vs canelo ..beating a punching bag in chavez jnr who has not won any meaningful fight for over 4 years , beatng liam smith at 154 and china chin khan is not going to prepare him for golovkin....golovkin had one close fight ...canelo has had many, golovkin will rip canelo apart come september

yesterday, when we were discussing Golovkin/Jacobs..... I suggested that you had over-rated Golovkin somewhat, and under-rated Jacobs somewhat

lets expand on that, you insinuated above that Canelo will not be prepared for Golovkin..... well, who prepared Golovkin for Jacobs, because it certainly wasn't Dominic Wade and Kell Brook?????

who has prepared him for Canelo ?

let's wait and see..... but you are doing the exact SAME THING you did to Ward/Kovalev, Golovkin/Jacobs, and likely Brook/Spence..... you are inflating the guy you want to win and deflating the other guy..... which did not work out in ANY of those fights I just mentioned

fair call, but let's wait and see

this is my call.....

1) that fight will go 12 rounds
                    2) the better fighter will win
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 05-31-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graz View Post
                      I agree. Canelo didn't tire in his fight with Chavez Jr. He just outboxed him every round but couldn't put him away. I think that is telling when it comes to the Golovkin fight. Golovkin on a whole different level both in skill and power. If Golovkin can take Canelo's power it will be business as usual for him. If Golovkin can't take Canelo's power things might get interesting. Looking forward to this one and the forthcoming analysis afterwards

Chavez " took Canelo's power ".....

Canelo did not KTFO or even hurt him

but, Chavez kept them hands at home for a reason

Canelo turned him into a good boy

you are dreaming if you think that Golovkin will walk through Canelo

that fight will be a 12 round boxing match that will go to a decision

Comment

Working...
                      X