No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Wlad needs a game changer - someone like Manny was. But it might be too late for that.

If Manny was there last night I guarantee you Wlad would look very different. Not only because Manny knew what needs to be done, but also he would know better what Fury brings.

Look at the tactics for the Haye fight. Tactically pure beauty.
    Alas, it's probably is too late for a change. But lets not pretend Wladimir was completely outboxed. The punch stats reveal a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      Wlad needs a game changer - someone like Manny was. But it might be too late for that.

If Manny was there last night I guarantee you Wlad would look very different. Not only because Manny knew what needs to be done, but also he would know better what Fury brings.

Look at the tactics for the Haye fight. Tactically pure beauty.
      Haye is such an easy opponent to prepare for. he is an ambush fighter who needs to hit his opponent with his punch percentage wise a certain amount of times to have a chance of a ko. haye could not fight going backwards, could not throw many punches, could not fight inside, and could not move at a safe distance...only at a great distance where he has to leap in to be succesful.

Any trainer could prepare for haye. haye's success is purely a function of how many opportunities he gets at a big punch, facilitated purely by his speed jumping in.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Again, what tripe. Since the Sanders and Brewster defeats, Wladimir has been naturally tentative. Everything is set up with the jab. 1, 2, straight right. 1, 2, straight right. If he can't double up, he's reluctant to throw the right.

Ergo, he allowed Fury to knick some of the rounds. It was just like the Brock fight for the first part. His corner should have been on his case to throw more and take a chance. Instead, it was mostly silence; the complete opposite to Fury's corner.
        Look at Vlad's fights and look for a time when Stewart told him to be more aggressive and he stepped up the pace ok?

Look at Holyfield in his fight with Bowe, the one he won, and watch as his corner tells him to box... watch how Evander comes out, snubs the inclination to brawl and boxes Bowe....there is a change because Evander was very coachable, its how he beat Tyson.

Vlad could be told to clinch, he could prepare for his fights in the gym, but I doubt you could find an instance where he changed gears at the insistance of Stewart.

Comment

• It could be said that Wlad should've done this, could've done that etc but fuck it, I ain't taking anything from Fury. I didn't give him any chance before the fight and by round 3 it was obvious he was going to prove me wrong.

I can't believe he won so many rounds too...words cannot describe, I am shocked. Biggest upset I've ever seen live in a boxing ring and I can't think of a bigger upset since Tyson-Douglas.

LacedUp: What signature do you want me to rep?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            It could be said that Wlad should've done this, could've done that etc but fuck it, I ain't taking anything from Fury. I didn't give him any chance before the fight and by round 3 it was obvious he was going to prove me wrong.

I can't believe he won so many rounds too...words cannot describe, I am shocked. Biggest upset I've ever seen live in a boxing ring and I can't think of a bigger upset since Tyson-Douglas.

LacedUp: What signature do you want me to rep?
            "LacedUp knows everything, I know nothing. He's the King, I am a peasant.

Tyson Fury UD12 Wladimir Klitschko"

Arial Black size 4, centered.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Alas, it's probably is too late for a change. But lets not pretend Wladimir was completely outboxed. The punch stats reveal a lot.
              Honestly, the punch stats did Wlad a favour. He hardly landed a solid jab let alone a punch on Fury all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                "LacedUp knows everything, I know nothing. He's the King, I am a peasant.

Tyson Fury UD12 Wladimir Klitschko"

Arial Black size 4, centered.
                Oh, wow!

Comment

• I shall proudly adorn this 'ere signature. Hit me up when Fury's next fight is announced so I've got a chance of redeeming myself.

Comment

I shall proudly adorn this 'ere signature. Hit me up when Fury's next fight is announced so I've got a chance of redeeming myself.
                    Owned.

Comment

I shall proudly adorn this 'ere signature. Hit me up when Fury's next fight is announced so I've got a chance of redeeming myself.

I'm going to love this for 3 months.

Ps. remove the H from peasant.

Comment

Working...
                      X