Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is Victor Ortiz The Third Best Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
    title does mean a lot in a div where there is 2 belts left to go around most of the time.
    imo berto is 3rd right now. ortiz is still on his path of redemption, having beaten berto, and quit against floyd. makes me wonder if he would actually win a rematch, now that the hunger (for money) is probably less - or gone.
    No titles don't mean anything. If so, then shit lets call Senchenko the 3rd best fighter at WW.

If Ortiz is on a path of redemption. Then so is Berto for getting outfought, out hustled, out though by a mentally weak fighter in Ortiz.

Hell the only thing that Berto proved in title winning fight, was just how average he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      No titles don't mean anything. If so, then shit lets call Senchenko the 3rd best fighter at WW.

If Ortiz is on a path of redemption. Then so is Berto for getting outfought, out hustled, out though by a mentally weak fighter in Ortiz.

Hell the only thing that Berto proved in title winning fight, was just how average he really is.
      senchenko's best win is a #20 ranked guy, that japanese whatshisnameiforgot. you'd have to be a real nuthugger to put him up there with the best. he's THE definition of a paper champ.
      ortiz hasn't really redeemed himself, but neither has berto against zavec. he does have the title (dibella sure knows how to get his guys the titles, gotta give him props for that).

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        senchenko's best win is a #20 ranked guy, that japanese whatshisnameiforgot. you'd have to be a real nuthugger to put him up there with the best. he's THE definition of a paper champ.
        ortiz hasn't really redeemed himself, but neither has berto against zavec. he does have the title (dibella sure knows how to get his guys the titles, gotta give him props for that).
        Then you contradicting yourself...If you don't put Senchenko up there then you agree that the title don't mean much...So therefor how is Berto better than Ortiz again? When he just got outfought by him earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          No Manny-Floyd arguments. Call it Manny 1/Floyd 2 or Floyd 1/Manny 2, I don't care.

But is Victor Ortiz - IN YOUR MIND - still the 3rd best welterweight out there?

I say he can beat Khan at 47, but it's 50/50, i think Clottey would beat them both. However Clottey and Ortiz are quite similar when you really think about it. Very big, very strong guys, but wilt and quit when the pressure is really on.

Comment

I think its time for clottey to man up and teach these new guys about being a true welter. M not saying that he will beat all of them, but Im sure it will enhance the competition as he is a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I would rank Berto over Ortiz because he just won a belt,and Ortiz just got KTFO..I think Jones is better then both but I can't rank him num 3 because he has done nothing at WW...
              We all agree that the rankings are generally ****.

The question isn't who is ranked higher. The question is who is BETTER.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                I say he can beat Khan at 47, but it's 50/50, i think Clottey would beat them both. However Clottey and Ortiz are quite similar when you really think about it. Very big, very strong guys, but wilt and quit when the pressure is really on.
                They fight differently in terms of hunger , style and activity.

Clottey will clam up and not return fire. Ortiz is at least willing to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  We all agree that the rankings are generally ****.

The question isn't who is ranked higher. The question is who is BETTER.
                  If we not talking about ranking,then I do think Ortiz is better then Berto..But I think Jones is better then both of umm..Hope he get's a chance to prove it soon..

Comment

he still beats berto.

Comment

Working...
                    X