X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    I think Lukaku is underrated myself.

Tbh Aguero and Kane are the only strikers that really look good. It’s because strikers get a lot of really bad ball with a defender behind and a midfielder in front even at this level. Aguero’s first touch is insane but it’s more that City pass the ball better than everyone else too.

Drogba often looked like a dog chasing a balloon and he’s a legit legend. Chelsea players would give him some absolute dross to try and battle for territory.

Higuain is one of Europe’s top strikers over the last decade or so. You could say his legs are going but even technically his first touch isn’t the best.

It’s a weird position.

Diego Costa would be a shambles at times himself.

Strikers go for the big bucks because it’s a bastard of a position.

I rarely look at any of them and think they’re great players. Even more so now nobody puts crosses in early or hits longer passes with any consistency.

Full back and strikers. Hardest positions on the field I think. Pep agrees anyway which is why he spent proper bucks on fullbacks
    Dunno Lukaku reminds me of a very very bad Van Nistelrooy.. who also was a bit prone to slowing us down.. But his work rate/hold up play was 10x better.. guy was tenacious and a better goalscorer.. he'd turn a bad ball into something

I supposed i'd agree Lukaku is probably one of the better ones of a bad bunch though.. he just seems lazy to me.. and not that strong for his size

I think he would have been perfect for Chelsea though (again) no idea why they went Morata

Comment

• It's over for Liverpool now

Comment

• Liverpool's best bet is to prioritize the league and get a bit pragmatic at this point. Instead of holding onto the ideology. Strap up in a 4231 against poorer teams and get an early goal by Salah or something and then sit in buses.

Gonna bottle it to City and we'll watch them do a quadruple. smh

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Liverpool's best bet is to prioritize the league and get a bit pragmatic at this point. Instead of holding onto the ideology. Strap up in a 4231 against poorer teams and get an early goal by Salah or something and then sit in buses.

Gonna bottle it to City and we'll watch them do a quadruple. smh
          I called Liverpool bottling it months ago..

Apparently Mourhino saw it.. when they dropped points to Leicester

Comment

• Wow you must be some sort of sorcerer to foresee Liverpool bottling it.

Comment

• Only some Liverpool fans and ex Liverpool player pundits thought they would win it.

You have to take anything to do with Liverpool with a large pinch of salt.

They have this weird comical Ali ‘we are burning them in their tanks vibe’. Like Roy has said they’ve been ordinary for a while.

They won’t ever win the league imo.

Crippling weight of expectation.

They are an elite cup team imo.

They’ll go close in the CL again.

Comment

• Klopp is a certified winner though. (except in europe)

Liverpool are off the beat though but it comes down to game planning too. They are becoming the new "entertainers" with their high volume goals but bottling league on what will be a second occasion in the past 10 years. (Brenda 2nd place)

I'll be sick if Man City do a treble. That is what we are in store for if Liverpool don't do it.

Pick your poison: Manchester City w/ Guardiola domestic treble? Or Liverpool league win?
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-04-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• I pick Man City tbh

Comment

• Wouldn’t call it bottling tbh.

One team has Mahrez, Jesus, Sane, Gundogan on the bench.

The other has Divock Origi and Adam Lallana ffs.

We shouldn’t even be close tbf.

Would have been a miracle to win it with the midfield we have. Simply not good enough. Fabinho is a boss but the rest are meh. Wijnaldum has been better this season but he’s still not top class. Keita isnt fully settled in yet and Hendo is a good lad, hard worker but a **** midfielder in all honesty.

Good thing is though we’ve finally got a top class spine again. Alisson is great and Van Dijk is the best defender I’ve ever seen, no exaggeration. We’ve done well to even challenge this season but one or two quality signings and we’ll walk it next year, not an iota of doubt about that.

City should be embarrassed even going life and death with us given the squad they’ve got. They’ll get bummed again in Europe though, FACT.

Comment

• Van Dijk is 99.9% responsible for the title challenge.

We’ve been ****e up front for the majority of the season.

Whatever happens if he doesn’t win prem player of the year I’ll cry.

Comment

Working...
                      X