Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Don't Think Fury Did Deal To Jeopardize Wilder Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
    Them knock downs that fury suffered especially the second one, took something out of him. I honestly believe he knows he won't survive the next fight with Wilder.
    I don't think so. I assume Tyson will show up in even better shape for the rematch. If he does, I saw plenty in the first fight to make me believe that he will do even better in the rematch. I see a late rounds KO, let's say Fury KO10 Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      What I will say about that fight is that I thought Wilder would hospitalise Fury and with every round that passed I thought “ wow Fury is doing well” was he really doing anything that special but because my expectation of him was low that fight perhaps I subconsciously gave him more credit than he deserved. His movement and they way he evaded punches was great. Wilder was a one trick pony but credit has to be given to Fury for that. However, I will not give Wilder credit for just the 12th . What happened to the rest of the 11 rounds
      Well the 9th was another kd and the first for were snoozers. So yeah, there were 4 or so rounds where Fury outboxed Wilder CLEARLY.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        I don't think so. I assume Tyson will show up in even better shape for the rematch. If he does, I saw plenty in the first fight to make me believe that he will do even better in the rematch. I see a late rounds KO, let's say Fury KO10 Wilder.
        Please tell us what Fury will do with the better shape that will lead to a win on the cards or knock out. I hear this premise all the time but hardly see being in better shape impact rematches unless the fighter was clearly out of shape for the first fight.

Comment

But Joshua you did the same thing when Showtime had you and Wilder on their network and was lining y’all up to fight!

When it was apparent that Showtime was gonna build up a inevitable Joshua vs Wilder fight you ran to a different network!

Not only did you run to a different network but an unproven product and all the while still never fighting Wilder regardless!

At least Fury had the balls to get in the ring with Wilder, he was inactive for years and yet still had the time and guile to fight him!

AJ always makes himself sound like an idiot, no wonder Hearns does the talking!

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            I get what you're saying. But he wasn't hitting Wilder much more. He was simply not getting hit much more because Wilder was throwing more (wildly I might add).

I just think that to sit back and say "outboxing badly" is an oversimplification gone awry. Was Fury winning rounds yes. Was he outboxing badly? No and the debatable rounds were evidence.
            Fury just exposed wilders weakness ie boxing

Wilder is a good slugger but that’s all he has . If he doesn’t land his wild swings he’s cooked

Apart from those two big shots he just got out boxed plain and simple

Comment

No It Doesn't!

ESPN giving him a lot of money and it is not to fight Pulev, ESPN WANTS Wilder vs Fury II but this time they want to be apart of it!

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                Yeah he should have postponed his 80 mill deal... You groupies are unbelievable.

Let's hope Bob doesnt f@@ck up the rematch...

He's a duck he took a 80 mill deal cause hes too afraid of the guy he outboxed badly lol
                So what are you saying? That he deliberately avoided/ducked the rematch to sign with ESPN? That's absurd because the offer was going to always be there. The only reason why he would postponed the rematch because he knew that he was going to get knockout or possibly seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                  Boxing - hit and not get hit

Fury was outboxing wilder badly ...
                  Not true. Fury landed just one punch per round more than Wilder according to CompuBox. Factor in the two knockdowns Fury suffered and you end up with a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                    Not true. Fury landed just one punch per round more than Wilder according to CompuBox. Factor in the two knockdowns Fury suffered and you end up with a draw.

When scoring each round, judges are to refer to the Scoring Criteria outlined in the ABC’s Regulatory Guidelines:8

“…. Judges are to score each round using the following scoring criteria:

Clean punching (power versus quantity).
                    Effective aggressiveness.
                    Ring generalship.
                    Defense.”
                    The ABC expands upon this in its Certification Program, stating:

”The test to measure the awarding of points for “offensive boxing” should be the number of direct, clean punches delivered with the knuckle part of the closed glove on any part of the scoring zone of the opponent’s body above the belt line. The judges should also consider the effect of blows received versus the number of punches delivered. Punches that are blocked or deflected should not be considered in tabulating your score. Blocked or deflected punches that land foul are not to be considered fouls in the awarding of points at the end of the round.”9 (Professional Boxing Judges, Chapter III – Scoring Zone).

It also states:

“Determination should not be mistaken for aggressiveness when one boxer continuously moves forward boring in on the opponent regardless of the number of punches being received. If an attack is not effective, the boxer cannot receive credit for it. In order for the boxer to be effective in their aggressiveness, he or she must force the action and set the tempo of the bout through forward movement. The boxer must score punches while blocking and avoiding the opponents counter punching. An aggressive boxer who continues boring in and getting hit from every angle should not be awarded points based on aggressiveness.”10 (Professional Boxing Judges, Chapter V – Scoring The Bout).

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      But Joshua you did the same thing when Showtime had you and Wilder on their network and was lining y’all up to fight!

When it was apparent that Showtime was gonna build up a inevitable Joshua vs Wilder fight you ran to a different network!

Not only did you run to a different network but an unproven product and all the while still never fighting Wilder regardless!

At least Fury had the balls to get in the ring with Wilder, he was inactive for years and yet still had the time and guile to fight him!

AJ always makes himself sound like an idiot, no wonder Hearns does the talking!
                      You baby oil sniffing,baby oil soaking, Wilder lap dog having, booty in the air shaking, AJ hater

Comment

Working...
                      X