No announcement yet.

Mark my Words: Pacquiao beats Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    wouldnt need to lung because spence will be walking to him. will be a lot of straight shots and then moving out of range. pac wont be doing any chasing in this fight, unless yall think spence will become defensive or sit back and play counter puncher?

if not then manny will light spence up as he comes in. spence has lil to no head movements at all. just walks his opponents down and throws bombs. he loads up on some of his shots too. i think pac can get off first when spence does that.
    I'm sure there will be a back and forth. If people dont think Pacquiao can push Spence back it will be another surprise for them.

Pacquiao supossedly picked out Spence as a guy he wants to fight too. Just like Mikey, these guys see a flaw in him which most of the fans dont seem to.

Comment

Ok boi, I llove dolphins. I love watching them swim in baba Mexico. ...,

In bumping Chaka khan, smoking a fat weed thing...

Hold up?who the phuck are you? Shalom Bye

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
        spence has zero head movement. manny will tag him up and have him confused with no stationary target to hit. dont act surprised.
        Horn dont move his fuking head and Manny stills struggled with him. Manny is old and will struggle with anyone that pressures him. His only KO in 10 years is Matthese. Manny is 40 and has to be carefully matched.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          I think your analysis is way off.
          Spence would be the one better off keeping distance from Pacquiao. He's much more liable to catch a fight changing punch than Pacquiao in a tear up. At range Pacquiao's only dangerous punch is usually the cross(against a southpaw he can throw the right better too though), if Spence gets on top of him with pressure a lot can hurt him, including the mean overhand from Pacquiao. Pacquiao even now has a better one punch than Spence, although Spence can also hurt him with a well placed shot.

If it stays boring Spence can take rounds from Pacquiao with his range and jab. I mean this is the go to Marquez and Mayweather strategy, dont feed the fire, just try to blow it out when it gets antsy. Plus Spence wont be tamed if Pacquiao shows him that respect as the only real threat from Spence is his workrate against the old mans.

It would be a tough fight for both, a close decision leaning to Pacquiao would be my guess. It would suck that after a tough fight old man Pacquiao doesnt get the close decision, he'd probably have to dominate to take it on the cards now that I think on it.

I think people are imagining Pacquiao as too small and fragile, he has thicker bones than Spence, he's a very strong guy even today and has fought plenty of people even recently as long as Spence and he usually looks like the much stockier and stronger guy despite the height difference.

This is basically the Spence Pacquiao size difference, except Vargas is actually 5'11 to Spence's 5'9 1/2.
          I think you’re overrating the current version of pacquiao. I’m a big fan but don’t let the illusion of his two previous fights fool you. Horn, a relatively weaker and less skilled fighter compared to spence was able to walked pacquiao down and wrestled him. Imagine what a bigger, better, more finesse boxer/fighter in spence can do once he goes in there like a tank against 40 yr old pac at 165+ on fight night.
          Prime pac is more of accumulation puncher than he was a one punch guy even during his prime, I agree that he should make spence respect his power in the early rounds to make him hesitant in pressuring him. But that’s one of the reasons why spence is dangerous, he is not afraid to get hit as long as it meant being able to do damage on his own as well.
          That’s what made prime pac dangerous as well.
          Pac should box spence as best as he could. Outsmart, and outspeed him. Pac no longer has the stamina to throw 500-700 punches as he used to. Or to overwhelm huge opponents.

Fighting spence fire by fire is a big no no.

Spence fighting pac like he’s the smaller and weaker man is also a big no no. Why wouldn’t you use you’re physical advantages over the older guy.

Comment

he's 40??? .....
            The TS must know something no one else does....That Pac will be fighting Spence before PaC'S 44th bday

Comment

wouldnt need to lung because spence will be walking to him. will be a lot of straight shots and then moving out of range. pac wont be doing any chasing in this fight, unless yall think spence will become defensive or sit back and play counter puncher?

if not then manny will light spence up as he comes in. spence has lil to no head movements at all. just walks his opponents down and throws bombs. he loads up on some of his shots too. i think pac can get off first when spence does that.
              When Pac attacks, he lunges.

5'5'' will need to do some lunging vs 5'9''

A younger Pac would probably expose Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                I think you’re overrating the current version of pacquiao. I’m a big fan but don’t let the illusion of his two previous fights fool you. Horn, a relatively weaker and less skilled fighter compared to spence was able to walked pacquiao down and wrestled him. Imagine what a bigger, better, more finesse boxer/fighter in spence can do once he goes in there like a tank against 40 yr old pac at 165+ on fight night.
                Prime pac is more of accumulation puncher than he was a one punch guy even during his prime, I agree that he should make spence respect his power in the early rounds to make him hesitant in pressuring him. But that’s one of the reasons why spence is dangerous, he is not afraid to get hit as long as it meant being able to do damage on his own as well.
                That’s what made prime pac dangerous as well.
                Pac should box spence as best as he could. Outsmart, and outspeed him. Pac no longer has the stamina to throw 500-700 punches as he used to. Or to overwhelm huge opponents.

Fighting spence fire by fire is a big no no.

Spence fighting pac like he’s the smaller and weaker man is also a big no no. Why wouldn’t you use you’re physical advantages over the older guy.
                I didnt want to mention horn as that would have made the post even longer, but it's an obvious place to jump. If Spence fought bullrushing in like Horn you'd have a point, but he doesnt, he's a boxer puncher, barely can even brawl. Spence absolutely is hesistent of being hit, it hasnt really stopped him from throwing yet(except vs the southpaw that wobbled him) but the way he responds shows he doesnt like being hit, where as take a ****** like Horn and he'll just keep running into your right hooks(crawford fight), i'd wager Spence would become fairly tame early after getting hit by a guy like Pacquiao, his rally over that fear will come in the later rounds(his personality wont let him lose without giving it his all), Spence also doesnt have a chin on the level of the usual brawler, like Horn even. He was hurt by a featherfisted southpaw with a poorly connected punch if I remember correctly. Spence is no tank, he was moved around by Bundu and Brook. I've never seen Golovkin be muscled around like that, that's what i'd consider a tank, and with the durability to match.

And fighting fire with fire is Pacquiao's style, it's even more important for Spence to keep him under wraps and never confident enough to come out with his youth. If Pacquiao fights quiet, and on the backfoot, he's letting Spence build courage and he's also not breaking Spence down to keep him weak.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I think it's a more winnable fight than Thurman and Crawford but Pacquiao would be competitive with any of these guys.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-25-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

the least of the boxers the pac needs to avoid at this stage: the power punchers

the pac the destroys margo & cotto, could win easily against this guy!

i could watch again the ppv if he fights this guy. train harder, maybe, to get his legs back like a 30-35 year old fighter ha ha ha, he needs it very badly against this guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Pac has to move a lot and perfect a great game plan for him to pull the win off against a prime good fighter in spence at this age. He needs to fight disciplinely behind a jab and reduce his output even more to limit spence’s opportunities to hurt him. Basically he has to stick and move. Can’t believe i have to ever say this regarding pac, but he has to be a runner in this fight, and the boring it gets the better chances he has.

What made pac exciting and phenomal during his prime were his unorthodox fighting style, wrecklessness, unpredictability and his will to take risk to do damage. His physical attributes basically bails him out from his mistakes. His chin can just disregard his flaws. And walk thru punches to return fire with combos. He has a lot of gears to switch as well.
                    Unfortunately it’s far from the story today, his chin has not been tested in a long time and spence might just be big and powerful enough to shock that.

I’d rather not see this fight, as I want pac to retire asap, and hold his head up high into the sunset. But yup, that’s what it takes to beat spence at this stage of his career. Stick and move and outspeed him. No more overwhelming or fire vs fire BS as only he’ll get outgun at 40.
                    No he doesnt He needs to sharp shoot spence down the middle then pivot out. Spence is hittable and Pac will make him pay for walk in throwing hard punches all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                      No he doesnt He needs to sharp shoot spence down the middle then pivot out. Spence is hittable and Pac will make him pay for walk in throwing hard punches all the time.
                      the strategy against hatton, cotto. those 2 fighters have a lot like spence. and those 2 thought they would ko pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X