Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: "Jacobs/GGG is a real fight. Jacobs can box and punch. It's a real fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    People keep talking about Pirog, but you have to look at the context in those knockdowns. Jacobs was beating Pirog before that KO whether you agree or not. It's a fact.

GGG does not move like Pirog. He doesn't have the upper body movement. Golovkin is very robotic with his movement. Very rarely does he duck out of the way of a punch. However, he has shown great agility against Lemiuex. Problem is, that's really not telling me much since Lemieux's feet are an F550 and Jacobs feet are a Corvette.

Lemieux is also the same height as GGG with short T-rex arms. Jacobs is tall and lengthy and is therefore able to generate much more power and get more leverage than Lemeiux. Jacobs is also much faster than DL and much better in his delivery.

Who has GGG fought with the power, speed and boxing ability of Daniel Jacobs? Jacobs is like Willie Monroe but with mutant-esque power compared to Monroe.

If Golovkin drops his hands and lets Jacobs hit him like he let Monroe and Wade hit him, it's over. You know this. In the same breath, he can't afford to try and outbox Jacobs like he did DL. Yes, that statement is subjective, but I'm going purely off the eye test here.

Another thing to think about is although Lemieux was KO'd by Rubio, GGG never hurt DL to the head. All the times DL was hurt was to the body. Does this mean that Rubio hits harder than GGG because he was able to hurt DL to the head? Of course not which is why I don't like using analogies like that when talking about fights.

GGG has never faced someone of Jacobs caliber that has all the tools, power and threats of Jacobs. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Tom Loeffler has said that Jacobs is more of a threat than Canelo for a reason.
    The Mora knockdown bothers me more then the Pirog fight to be honest..but it is the best fight that can happen at 160 right now besides Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      The Mora knockdown bothers me more then the Pirog fight to be honest..but it is the best fight that can happen at 160 right now besides Canelo
      Flash knockdown

When Sugar Ray Leonard got dropped by Kevin Howard did that bother you when he was facing Hagler?

Comment

Can't wait for this fight. One ramrod jab from GGG ands it's over.

Comment

I'd give Jacobs a better chance due to his stature and ability--- but he has a very nasty habit of raising his chin up in the air. He needs to keep it tucked in more.

He does that one time and Golovkin lands a power shot, and he's either going down or getting wobbled.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            People keep talking about Pirog, but you have to look at the context in those knockdowns. Jacobs was beating Pirog before that KO whether you agree or not. It's a fact.

GGG does not move like Pirog. He doesn't have the upper body movement. Golovkin is very robotic with his movement. Very rarely does he duck out of the way of a punch. However, he has shown great agility against Lemiuex. Problem is, that's really not telling me much since Lemieux's feet are an F550 and Jacobs feet are a Corvette.

Lemieux is also the same height as GGG with short T-rex arms. Jacobs is tall and lengthy and is therefore able to generate much more power and get more leverage than Lemeiux. Jacobs is also much faster than DL and much better in his delivery.

Who has GGG fought with the power, speed and boxing ability of Daniel Jacobs? Jacobs is like Willie Monroe but with mutant-esque power compared to Monroe.

If Golovkin drops his hands and lets Jacobs hit him like he let Monroe and Wade hit him, it's over. You know this. In the same breath, he can't afford to try and outbox Jacobs like he did DL. Yes, that statement is subjective, but I'm going purely off the eye test here.

Another thing to think about is although Lemieux was KO'd by Rubio, GGG never hurt DL to the head. All the times DL was hurt was to the body. Does this mean that Rubio hits harder than GGG because he was able to hurt DL to the head? Of course not which is why I don't like using analogies like that when talking about fights.

GGG has never faced someone of Jacobs caliber that has all the tools, power and threats of Jacobs. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Tom Loeffler has said that Jacobs is more of a threat than Canelo for a reason.
            Jacobs wouldn't even go ten against Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I agree..

Jacobs has holes on defense and maybe not the best ring general, but he has great handspeed and explosive two handed power.. Legit threat to ggg and the best mw fight to make at the moment
              GGG has even more holes.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                Jacobs wouldn't even go ten against Lemieux.
                He wouldn't have to because Lil Davey would be KO'd long before 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  GGG has even more holes.
                  Yes ggg def has holes,, but I like golovkin's chin better than I do jacobs'

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    I'd give Jacobs a better chance due to his stature and ability--- but he has a very nasty habit of raising his chin up in the air. He needs to keep it tucked in more.

He does that one time and Golovkin lands a power shot, and he's either going down or getting wobbled.
                    GGG has a nasty habit of pulling out with his chin in the air

Plus

He drops his punches to his waist.

What happens when GGG gets caught?...Especially to the body??

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      He wouldn't have to because Lil Davey would be KO'd long before 10.
                      Please! The man got dropped by Sergio freakin Mora!

Comment

Working...
                      X