Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Ricardo "Finito" Lopez Interview (Extended)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Ricardo "Finito" Lopez Interview (Extended)

Not sure if its been posted before, but this is the full feature on Ricardo Lopez for the "Leyendas del Deporte Mexicano" series, its in spanish so i apologize in advance for my non-Spanish speakers....I will translate some important segments in a few....

talks about his beginnings as a boxer, his experiences & shares some real conventional wisdom about the sport

Good video man.. Thanks

Comment

Good stuff.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        Not sure if its been posted before, but this is the full feature on Ricardo Lopez for the "Leyendas del Deporte Mexicano" series, its in spanish so i apologize in advance for my non-Spanish speakers....I will translate some important segments in a few....

talks about his beginnings as a boxer, his experiences & shares some real conventional wisdom about the sport

ITs sad how severely underrrated he is

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          ITs sad how severely underrrated he is
          I'd rank him right there with Chavez, Olivares and Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
            I'd rank him right there with Chavez, Olivares and Sanchez.
            I agree with you!! El Finito Lopez was a great fighter..

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
              I agree with you!! El Finito Lopez was a great fighter..
              not to mention undefeated great fighter

Comment

Can you breakdown the translation where the instructor demonstrating fineto's techniques.

Comment

One of my favorite episodes... the first thread I made here was referring to this episode.

If you're talking about the guy "Ivan," he's just talking about basic punches (jab, hook, etc). Not really referring to Finito's technique or strategy.

Couple of things I find interesting:

1. He was inspired by "Rocky" & did the whole drinking eggs like Sly in the movie (my pops did the same w/coke for hangover cures.. ha!).

2. He was always fearful walking down the ring, but not in a bad way. The fear made him aware of the moment & use his training/skills/talent to overcome it.

3. Seems like he was naturally drawn to the sport; taking the subway at 7rs old all by himself to train.

4. Sweet pics w/Tyson, Chavez & I think Taylor.

5 Nacho Beristain stating his fighter won the fight even though it was a draw (like Marquez vs Pac).

Getting long winded so time to stop, but you get the point.

check out the Carlos Zarate episode from the same series. another personal favorite...

Comment

Working...
                  X