Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's unpopular, but I think that the Klitschko's would both MURDER Sam Langford.

Comment

1. calzaghe is SMW GOAT and top 20 p4p ATG
      2. Ali was not the greatest HW much less the greatest boxer of all time (hardly top 15 if you look at his resume without bias and media nuthugging)
      3. Vitali would make short work of almost every HW champ before him except for lennox lewis, who would probably out point him.
      4. Willie pep is the slickest fighter that ever lived
      5. Tyson is by far the most overrated boxer ever and is not a top 20 HW ATG
      6. Joe louis could hold his own in any era, he gives anyone a fight
      7. (hurts me to say this as an italian) Marciano is not top 10 HW material, his record is filled with bums and old men. This was post WW2 era where all the boxing talent was shipped off to fight the war. His punching power is overrated. Sonny liston would have murdered him in the ring. His only legit win over a prime fighter was roland lastarza.
      8. Tyson is still a scumbag today, even if he has toned down a bit. He is still a piece of **** human being.
      9. Duran is criminally overrated. He has 1 win against the top 3 MW's of his time
      10. Ali hated black people more than the kKK

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        I guess it's unpopular, but I think that the Klitschko's would both MURDER Sam Langford.

That is pure, 100% fact. That shouldn't even be debated. I would bet my entire boxing collection against a paper-clip that either of the Big K's would stop Sam from ever hearing the final bell. Betting on the K's in that fight would be like betting water is wet.

Comment

I think Howard Cosell was a great broadcaster. I loved it when he called a fight.

Michael Buffer's act is as old as water.

Teddy Atlas is a great trainer and commentator.

Jack Johnson & Bob Fitzsimmons are the two most over-rated fighters in history.

"Golden Boy Productions" puts on the all-time WORST boxing cards ever.

I loved Rocky Marciano. But I think he's just too small for the likes of many of the huge modern day heavyweights. Ali, Holmes, Bowe, Lewis, either of the Klitschkos all beat him.

Don King put on some outstanding fight cards, especially in the 1980's.

Sam Langford gets too much respect, Harry Wills doesn't get nearly enough.

Floyd Mayweather may be a talented fighter, but he comes off as a jerk as a human being.

Ferdie Pacheco gets good reviews from lots of boxing fans. But I have zero respect for him & I will never forget how he called the ending of the McClelland vs Benn fight. He really was dogging on the G-Man. For a "Doc", he sure didn't know what he was talking about that night. I don't recall ever hearing or reading that he ever apologized either.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
            I think Howard Cosell was a great broadcaster. I loved it when he called a fight.

Michael Buffer's act is as old as water.

Teddy Atlas is a great trainer and commentator.

Jack Johnson & Bob Fitzsimmons are the two most over-rated fighters in history.

"Golden Boy Productions" puts on the all-time WORST boxing cards ever.

I loved Rocky Marciano. But I think he's just too small for the likes of many of the huge modern day heavyweights. Ali, Holmes, Bowe, Lewis, either of the Klitschkos all beat him.

Don King put on some outstanding fight cards, especially in the 1980's.

Sam Langford gets too much respect, Harry Wills doesn't get nearly enough.

Floyd Mayweather may be a talented fighter, but he comes off as a jerk as a human being.

Ferdie Pacheco gets good reviews from lots of boxing fans. But I have zero respect for him & I will never forget how he called the ending of the McClelland vs Benn fight. He really was dogging on the G-Man. For a "Doc", he sure didn't know what he was talking about that night. I don't recall ever hearing or reading that he ever apologized either.
            Can you explain these please?

Comment

"1. calzaghe is SMW GOAT and top 20 p4p ATG
              2. Ali was not the greatest HW much less the greatest boxer of all time (hardly top 15 if you look at his resume without bias and media nuthugging)"

Forza...

Yes, this is the "Unpopular Opinion" thread, but........my lord, seeing those two opinions right next to each other make them both not just unpopular, but straight up outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                "1. calzaghe is SMW GOAT and top 20 p4p ATG
                2. Ali was not the greatest HW much less the greatest boxer of all time (hardly top 15 if you look at his resume without bias and media nuthugging)"

Forza...

Yes, this is the "Unpopular Opinion" thread, but........my lord, seeing those two opinions right next to each other make them both not just unpopular, but straight up outrageous.
                Ali not being the greatest heavy is okay...many say it. I have Louis at #1. But not in top 15...yea pretty overwhemling.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                  Ali not being the greatest heavy is okay...many say it. I have Louis at #1. But not in top 15...yea pretty overwhemling.

I think he was saying that Ali isn't one of the top 15 greatest fighters, not heavyweights, of all time. That's all well and good, except that he claims Joe Calzaghe is top twenty of all time. That means, he really thinks Calzaghe was as great as Muhammd Ali. I don't care how smart or anti-establishment you think you are, that's just plain ridiculous and wrong.

Comment

Jim Lampley is the most underrated boxing expert analysis. Oh wait, unpopular opinion not just an observational opinion.

Carlos Baldomir beat the best version of Zab Judah.

Zab Judah underestimated Kotsya and paid the price by knockout fashion.

Pacquiao made Mosley look average and scared.

Duckweather made Marquez, Baldomir, and Mosley look average, slow, and weak.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
                      Jim Lampley is the most underrated boxing expert analysis. Oh wait, unpopular opinion not just an observational opinion.

Carlos Baldomir beat the best version of Zab Judah.

Zab Judah underestimated Kotsya and paid the price by knockout fashion.

Pacquiao made Mosley look average and scared.

Duckweather made Marquez, Baldomir, and Mosley look average, slow, and weak.

marquez was a career FW
                      mosley is a shell of what he used to be
                      and baldomor was slow and average at his very best.

Comment

Working...
                      X