Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Greb vs Marvin Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagler wouldn't stop Greb in three months of trying.

As to the fight, who knows? I tend to think Greb would have had to much going on, but it's plenty to presume that primed Hagler loses to any MW.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
      I think Tunney would have schooled Hagler too.Especially with Hagler giving away 10lbs like Greb did.
      I respect your opinion and i know that its almost impossible to analyse a fight like that. As a boxer, i had the chance to have many discussions with people i consider experts of boxing, believe on this one these guys have been around the world in boxing. One thing is sure "from what i know" a prime Hagler would have give Tunney many problems. That is why is see Hagler KO Greb in the 8 round.

Comment

A much as I love Greb i see Hagler walking away whit a close fought UD or SD.

Comment

Well Ray Arcel didn't need any Greb film because he evaluated both as ringside observer and he chose Greb over Hagler BIG TIME!!
          This was published information in Boxing Illustrated 1984. Also, if you found 1924 Gene Tunney impressive vs Carp as did Muhammad Ali calling him "A White Ali" keep in mind over the hill half blind middleweight Harry Greb defeated 182 lb Gene in a ten round newspaper decision in that very same year in Cleveland according to the majority of ringside reports.

Comment

Originally posted by slakka View Post
            Well Ray Arcel didn't need any Greb film because he evaluated both as ringside observer and he chose Greb over Hagler BIG TIME!!
            This was published information in Boxing Illustrated 1984. Also, if you found 1924 Gene Tunney impressive vs Carp as did Muhammad Ali calling him "A White Ali" keep in mind over the hill half blind middleweight Harry Greb defeated 182 lb Gene in a ten round newspaper decision in that very same year in Cleveland according to the majority of ringside reports.
            I didnt know that one, great post ! Would be difficult to go against that since he saw both and was a trainer. Although i "saw" Hagler win by KO 8, Ray Arcel is best man for answering that thread !

That is also why i think that boxers of today are not better then those Legends.

Comment

Working...
            X