Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some religious people ridicule Sciences beliefs on how the Universe came to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Jones View Post
    from personal experience it is usually the non religious mocking those who have faith and hold creationist beliefs.
    From personal experience it is usually the religious who push ideas opposed to reality by way of political lobbying rather than honest research.

From personal experience it is usually the religious who do not understand what they attempt to criticize. Furthermore, they do not care to study and understand it either.

From personal experience it is usually the religious who lie in order to support a position which has been proven incorrect.

Then again, personal experience doesn't count for **** when you want to prove something...

Comment

• Originally posted by JCArky View Post
      I will only say one thing.

I believe in the big bang And evolution.

When you attribute everything science has found to God then your life becomes waaay easier.

There is no argument here!!! None.... Either you believe in the theory of evolution(through Gods will), Or you don't believe in God period.

People who ignore science and just say God created everything are loony.

You have to be able to look at the science, believe it, and still thank God for it all.

My 2 cents.
      The bold part (emphasis mine) is my main problem. No one needs to thank God for it all when there is no evidence of any God. It would be like saying you need to thank Yahweh, Jehovah, Shiva, Odin, Zeus, Invisible Pink Unicorn, Flying Spaghetti monster, Celestial Teapot or even Muhammad Ali for creating the universe. Each has the same level of veracity and evidence.

Comment

• Comment

• God created the universe. Get over it.

Anyone who believes that some random explosion created such perfection or that humans evolved from monkeys needs to have their heads examined.

Don't believe the hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
            God created the universe. Get over it.

Anyone who believes that some random explosion created such perfection or that humans evolved from monkeys needs to have their heads examined.

Don't believe the hype.
            Evolution deniers use the same methods of "debate" and often share the same set of absurd convictions as 911 conspiracy ****s, climate change deniers and anti-vaxxers. You are nothing new.

Comment

• Comment

• Fuck religion

Comment

Working...
                X