No announcement yet.

This why no superstar have been made next to pac and floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I agree with the Pac comparison. He made a name for himself by knocking out legends or dominating them in brutal fashion. Saditic almost.

WIth Mayweather, it was due to the persona he created, in particular with relation to the DLH fight that shot him off into being a genuine star. Also, the association with Pac for half a decade helped...them both.

Mayweather certainly didn't become a star due to in ring performances.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. remained a mega star due to in ring performances. 49-0

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily if they demolish their opponents, it's whats on display as well, Pacquiao was unique in his approach, unique angles, he was the epitome of unorthodox and Mayweather was extremely well rounded, that's eye catching stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimms View Post
        Floyd Mayweather Jr. remained a mega star due to in ring performances. 49-0
        Did he remain a star due to tip tapping his way to decisions? I don't know.

What I know is that for years he was built as HBO and ARum as an attraction and all their investment came to nothing until DLH came knocking and Mayweather started his "outrageous" antics. He also very cleverly dippedi nto the hip hop market and had associations with 50 cent among others, which obviously drew a huge fan following from the same African Americans who had ignored him for a decade.

Mayweather is the perfect and only example of a marketing creation within sports and too many American fighters have tried to go that route. It has not worked for any of them. All other stars are built through thrilling fights.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Did he remain a star due to tip tapping his way to decisions? I don't know.

What I know is that for years he was built as HBO and ARum as an attraction and all their investment came to nothing until DLH came knocking and Mayweather started his "outrageous" antics. He also very cleverly dippedi nto the hip hop market and had associations with 50 cent among others, which obviously drew a huge fan following from the same African Americans who had ignored him for a decade.

Mayweather is the perfect and only example of a marketing creation within sports and too many American fighters have tried to go that route. It has not worked for any of them. All other stars are built through thrilling fights.
          Marketing creation? Lol

Who ran TMT after Arum?

Floyd was already bonafide before he exploited 50 cent, Lil Wayne, and Bieber.

The problem is that many fans are idiots and don't see the political statements that a MAN could make. This all started IN PARTICULAR when Floyd came out for Baldomir. He used white slaves bringing in the Gladiator which is the anthesis for Hollywood entertainment. That shıt was EPIC!!

Only intellectuals could see this or else one is just naive...

Floyd made a statement that he never did drugs, drank, or earned his money from the black status quo of hustling outside white-collarism or BET fiction that is marketable. Don't confuse RJJ with Floyd...

Floyd is top 3 GOAT, simply for being a business genius.

Comment

Nope, it's brainwashed fans. We don't need star fighters taking cherrypicks to ppv. The entire Floyd/Pacman/Canelo fanbases seem to think that we do. It's the very thing that's been killing boxing and fanboys couldn't see it and loved it, like idiots.

Comment

Nice written post

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Nope, it's brainwashed fans. We don't need star fighters taking cherrypicks to ppv. The entire Floyd/Pacman/Canelo fanbases seem to think that we do. It's the very thing that's been killing boxing and fanboys couldn't see it and loved it, like idiots.
                Literally no one here has said they want cherry picks. Where did you get that from?

Comment

Working...
                X