Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: Manny fighting Paulie is "taking candy from a baby".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the vaunted punching power and pace has truly left Pacquiao (for whatever reason), Paulie Malignaggi out-hustles Pacquiao, boxing him to an 8-4 decision win, only for the judges to go the other way (Top Rank is going to wring out at least another three fights from Pacquiao).

Comment

Pac still takes Paulie to a decision. He has no finishing punching power anymore.

Comment

I wouldn't give him the pay day. Let him continue trying to talk his way into a fight, while facing guys like Danny O'Connor.
        It would be fun to see him beaten up though (again).

Roach is right though. It would be embarrassingly easy for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          PAulie is an idiot, Pacquiao is one of the toughest mofos in the game, the way he never sat on his azz when Margo throw those two back to back bodyshots shows his grit and he fired back too, Margo pressured Pac super hard the same way h did with Cotto, only difference is Pac didnt crumble

Ray Mancini even said if Pac hurt his shoulder bad it was during the fight but you have to give him credit for still fighting and not quitting on his stool. Mancini said if Pac only showed up for a check he would have thrown the towel in easy check. But he had and obligation to the fans to fight.

Look at Pacs shoulder you can see the deep red thats from the tear

thats what happens when hyou tear something. He had a small tear going in and Floyd ripped that sucker in the clinches, Floyd knew about it, the guy admit to having spies, dont believe it when he plays dumb, he also said he never watches videos of fighters, yet he said he wathed video of Pac and knows everything about him.
          Another difference is that his gloves weren't loaded when he fought Pac.

Comment

it's amazing how far "talking" can take you and without actually doing much...beisdes sock stunts. Put aside whatever feelings you have for Manny or Paulie and really look at the idea of this fight objectively. Paulie has pretty much gotten beat every time he stepped up except for that Ukrainian dude whose name escapes me, i think Paulie was an underdog so he deserves credit for beating that guy. Otherwise he kinda sustained his relevancy post Cotto by talking, I mean what meaningful wins were there?

As bad as it sounds, and I don't want to advocate it, but this is a good case for "talking." Depending on how you use it, you can highlight and magnify achievements and perhaps convince a more simple-minded audience to think greater of you than they otherwise would have if you stayed quiet and didn't say, "look at what I've done, look at me."

It's rather intriguing, from both a psychological pov and even a technological, how easily people can be fooled...I mean imagine Paulie before the internet, in the 80s or even further back in the 60s...it makes you wonder.

Comment

I don't think Manny is capable of cutting off the ring long enough to take the candy from the baby

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                I don't think Manny is capable of cutting off the ring long enough to take the candy from the baby
                So, Paulie wins?

Comment

Originally posted by HeThaTruth View Post
                  THIS WAS PACQUIAO WITH RANDOM DRUG TESTING

ACNE LIKE A 14 YEAR OLD KID
                  What are you trying to infer? That USADA sucks? USADA did allow Floyd to rehydrate intravenously after the weigh-in.

Comment

Working...
                  X