No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    So in summary I get lame stuff from ESB, disproving your point?
    Nah. It was cool at first and a little funny to me. But how lame is it that you get all the bad ass ideas from ESB. Come on. atleast be original

Comment

• Oscar De La Hoya's skills are underrated

Marquez has a decent chin

Haye still has a chance of beating Wladimir if he gets the rematch and lets his hands go

Vitali isn't an ATG

Comment

• Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
        Nah. It was cool at first and a little funny to me. But how lame is it that you get all the bad ass ideas from ESB. Come on. atleast be original

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Any unpopular/unusual/out of the ordinary opinions you have to do with boxing, share them here.
          (Before anyone mentions it, yes this was stolen from ESB.)
          I reckon John L. Sullivan would've destroyed Lennox Lewis in a bar fight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ............... and Bruce Lee too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
            Nah, Tiger doesnt have the GOAT chin. He went life and death and was almost finished against DePaula. I understand that Tiger was undersized and everything, but DePaula was just not a very good fighter plain and simple, and that sort of situation shouldnt have happened for someone whos supposed to have the best chin of all time. not to mention Griffith dropped him pretty solidly and almost did it again with a similiar right hand not long after, although I suppose you could attribute that to being off balance. but still...Griffith isnt one of the biggest punchers of all time.

Ill have to check out Welsh though, never even heard of the damn guy, sp thanks for bringing him up.
            Freddie Welsh was a LW great, no man gave the great Packey McFarland. McFarland was even better he even beat top MW's like Mike Gibbons, I think Packey fought 113 times, his only loss came in the early part of his career. Welsh was a Welshman, these two men were 2 of 4 great LW's from the early 20th century with Joe Gans and the toughest man to ever pull on the Gloves, Battling Nelson now there's another story.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Jimmy Wilde is not top tier ATG material.
              Now that's gotta be the number one most unpopular opinion on this thread, or maybe of all time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you're the winner for sure,...... and I'm still on the first page.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                I dont rate De La Hoya that highly.
                That;s not an unpopular opinion I for one have no place in the top 100 or more ATG's, you don't get there by losing to every top notcher you meet. It's pumped up by average fighters and I nominate Hector Camacho and Naseem Hammered.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Now that's gotta be the number one most unpopular opinion on this thread, or maybe of all time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you're the winner for sure,...... and I'm still on the first page.
                  I actually agree with NChristo, he didn't beat enough top opposition to warrant a place amongst the top tier ATGs, I think hes an ATG just not anywhere near the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    That;s not an unpopular opinion I for one have no place in the top 100 or more ATG's, you don't get there by losing to every top notcher you meet. It's pumped up by average fighters and I nominate Hector Camacho and Naseem Hammered.
                    He beat Whittaker, Chavez, Vargas and Quartey. To anyone who wasn't on their 10th shot of tequila from their 3rd bottle, he beat Trinidad. I gave him nod in the second Mosley fight, too.

I agree with disliking Oscar but not knowing why.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      Oscar De La Hoya's skills are underrated

Marquez has a decent chin

Haye still has a chance of beating Wladimir if he gets the rematch and lets his hands go

Vitali isn't an ATG

marquez has a decent chin?

lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X