Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my grandpa right about Trinidad being severely overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinidad was great and one of the most entertaining fighters of the last 30 years. He was one dimensional but it was a hell of a dimension.

I think he's probably 3rd or 4th on the all-time Puerto Rican list (Ortiz is the clear #1, Gomez the probable #2) and as an ATG welterweight I'd rank him somewhere around 14/15 off the top and IMO would be among the top 12 boxers of the last 25 years. I'd rank him somewhere around 80-90 all-time pound for pound.

Comment

Your grandpa doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. You started an identical thread trashing Hopkins only then it was your dad. If you hate Trinidad and Hopkins and want to trash them then at least have the honesty to do it under your own name and not some imaginary relative. As far as I am concerned Trinidad was a great welterweight and jr middleweight and a good middleweight although 160 was too big for him. He was undefeated from age 18 to age 30 and won the welterweight title at 20 years old and defended it successfully 15 times, 12 times by Ko before winning world titles at 154 and 160. He won 20 world title fights in a row before losing to Hopkins. Trinidad had a record of 40 wins and no losses when he lost to Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        Weight draining aside, you have to admit Tito looked average against top competition in Jones, Oscar, Bernard and Winky.
        You really have it in for Trinidad. All four of those guys were outstanding fighters, not average and he got the win over Oscar and many think he deserved it. Hopkins was a great fighter who was naturally bigger than Trinidad and Jones was a great fighter who was much bigger than Trinidad. If you go out of your way to trash a boxer's record you can do it with almost any boxer. Ali and Ray Robinson both lost numerous times.

Comment

I'm confused as to how you came to be, when your grandpa is clearly a h0m0sexual.

Comment

My grandpa always said "Tito's like a box of chocolates, you never know which one will turn up fight night."

Comment

Working...
            X