Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only excuse from Wilder I agree with.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He probably would've. He would've been even more emotional and anxious against AJ before this fight.

You can't just discount experience ob the big stage. It matters in all sports. And I'm not just talking about the night of the contest. I'm talking everything leading up to it.

Look at how nervous Fury was in Germany against Klitschko and how relaxed he was against Wilder in the US. Experience matters.
    I agree with you. Although I don’t feel like fury was nervous against klitchko in Germany but you are 100% correct In saying experience on the big stage matters. That win in Germany definitely prepared him for wilder.

But to be honest with you in the build up I genuinely didn’t feel like wilder was nervous. He seemed really confident to me but as the rounds went on you could see doubt creep into his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Yeah, I was impressed by Dogboe. He got beat up pretty bad and was still positive and made no excuses during the interview.

He has my support, too many fighters never look in the mirror when fights don't go their way.
      I gained so much respect for Dogboe after that. Didn't blame anyone but himself and gave Navarette complete credit. He answered every question directly, didn't hide behind sunglasses. He owned the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Wilder,Manny and anyone that loses/draws and makes excuses should look at the post fight interview Dogboe gave after the Navarette fight for instructions on how a pro fighter should handle the aftermath of an unexpected loss or draw when you were favored to win.
        And Floyd when he really lost to Castillo....huh?

Comment

Unlikely it was anything to do with the big stage, he just got psyched out same as Wlad. Fury's legit crazy and Wilder couldnt handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            And Floyd when he really lost to Castillo....huh?
            Floyd didn't lose to Castillo. He won both fights. If you think he lost ok. Nothing you can do will change the outcome.

I do think Loma, Floyd and others should copy Dogboe's example when they don't perform as expected like Loma/Pedrazza or Floyd/Castillo 1 and not make excuses for the bad performance.

Comment

Floyd didn't lose to Castillo. He won both fights. If you think he lost ok. Nothing you can do will change the outcome.

I do think Loma, Floyd and others should copy Dogboe's example when they don't perform as expected like Loma/Pedrazza or Floyd/Castillo 1 and not make excuses for the bad performance.
              He really lost. He knew it, which is why he had excuses and wanted a rematch.

Comment

He really lost. He knew it, which is why he had excuses and wanted a rematch.
                Or he thought he won, realized it was closer than expected and that he didn't look as good as advertised, so he fought him again to give the kind of performance expected.

Regardless of what we both think Floyd is 2-0 vs Castillo.

Comment

Or he thought he won, realized it was closer than expected and that he didn't look as good as advertised, so he fought him again to give the kind of performance expected.

Regardless of what we both think Floyd is 2-0 vs Castillo.
                  Only on paper

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I totally agree with that excuse too, i thought he fought with too much built up emotion. I watch the epilogue the other day and Fury did get into into his skin, he was seen talking to his G/F and what he wants to do to Fury.

This was reflected in him trying to take Fury's head off in every round, issue was Fury could see his swinging hand from wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over there.

When he settle down in the 12th round you could see the right hand he hit Fury with was pleasant, Fury didn't see it because it was short and right in front of him. Wilder didn't swing it from heaven. He stood right in front of Fury and throw a short one.

If he fights like that against Fury or AJ he stops both of them, he if fights the way he did against Fury in the first 7/8 rounds against AJ i swear he gets stop within 4 rounds.

Nah, Fury got hit because he was just showboating and and got complacent with himself.

I am telling you now, Wilder will hit the canvas badly in the second fight.

Comment

Only on paper
                      On paper, the internet, land, sea , air, on the sun, Atlantis, Mars, Jupiter, outer space, the next dimension, the planet where Thor and Loki live. Everywhere in every galaxy known and unknown to man, Floyd is 2-0 against Castillo.

Comment

Working...
                      X