Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Hair follicle result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They got it from that comedian Carrot Top.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      At the Nevada commission's request, Canelo had hair follicle drug testing last month & it was negative for clenbuterol, lending credence to his assertion his positive tests in Feb. were from meat contamination. My story: https://t.co/GvgLQWgJYM GoldenBoyBoxing oscardelahoya

Looks like Cinnamon is innocent after all, thoughts?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tic-commission

Several things I'd like to know about this test - is there a threshold cutoff level, so small amounts won't show up? How accurate are they?

From what little I know about HF testing, all that proves is he hadn't taken anything in the last few months. Which makes sense because he had been out of training since the last fight in September, and he just got back training sometime in January/February.

Clearly he was starting his cycle again and got popped.

This does make him look a little better in the court of public opinion, as he's at least trying to do everything to clear his name.

Still not convinced he didn't purposely take clen. to get a competitive advantage, doe..

Props to him for trying, doe..

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I need to pay closer attention I had heard this never got agreed to or submitted by Canelo. Have in fact been hearing some mfers dogging Canelo more in the last few days for NOT doing the hair thing despite him apparently doing it lol.

But w/e I heard the hair test deal is on some lie detector level of accuracy so idk if it legit means he's innocent or not.
        It appears they were wrong. And, it also appears that the hair test is far more reliable than a lie detector.
        From the article;
        " The Nevada commission collected hair samples from Alvarez on March 29 and they were tested at the Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory, a WADA-accredited lab in Salt Lake City, Utah, Bob Bennett, the commission executive director, told ESPN.

The results document, which was provided to ESPN, was returned on April 20 with a single note in the section reserved for analysis details: "Hair sample tested for clenbuterol. Clenbuterol was not detected."

The negative hair follicle test is notable because while clenbuterol is detectable in urine for less than a week after it is ingested, the drug can be detected in hair for several months."

Comment

Everyone ask for a hair sample and now that he provided and it came negative, people wants to dismiss it?

Canelo has literally fought and provided everything, we as fan, has asked and we still *****? I just don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Several things I'd like to know about this test - is there a threshold cutoff level, so small amounts won't show up? How accurate are they?

From what little I know about HF testing, all that proves is he hadn't taken anything in the last few months. Which makes sense because he had been out of training since the last fight in September, and he just got back training sometime in January/February.

Clearly he was starting his cycle again and got popped.

This does make him look a little better in the court of public opinion, as he's at least trying to do everything to clear his name.

Still not convinced he didn't purposely take clen. to get a competitive advantage, doe..

Props to him for trying, doe..
            He started it in camp, when he knew he would be tested? Yikes, you are dense. The only argument to go in was that he was cycling off it because he was entering the testing phase. Hence the supposedly diminished levels. Stay stupid doe.

Comment

people will believe what they want to believe. people were asking for a hair test and now all they can say is jokes, I don't care, or dismissing it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Why are people acting so ignorant in the face of evidence? If he's proven to have not been taking it regularly, are you really so afraid of the truth that you need to try to laugh it away?
                in the face of evidence? this test was taken a month and a half after he popped positive. it says it can(key word) stay in your system for months but we already know it was a low dose when discovered so its a surprise a month and a half later they didn't find any? how about taking the hair test on feb 17? 18? etc...not march 29 when you know you are probably safe. he also hasn't been proven to not take it regularly since he didnt test between sep and february. all hes doing it proving hes not on it at the moment after he got caught. well done bravo.

Comment

All these inbreds were saying hair testing goes back 6 months now they're pretending they don't know, .

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                    Everyone ask for a hair sample and now that he provided and it came negative, people wants to dismiss it?

Canelo has literally fought and provided everything, we as fan, has asked and we still *****? I just don't get it
                    IKR, people are raging about a hair sample, then can't cope with the science. Like I suspected, he got clen supplemented beef.
                    For the record, I still think the suspension was appropriate because he did fail the test. If someone fails, there needs to be a penalty regardless or cheaters will slip through.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      in the face of evidence? this test was taken a month and a half after he popped positive. it says it can(key word) stay in your system for months but we already know it was a low dose when discovered so its a surprise a month and a half later they didn't find any? how about taking the hair test on feb 17? 18? etc...not march 29 when you know you are probably safe. he also hasn't been proven to not take it regularly since he didnt test between sep and february. all hes doing it proving hes not on it at the moment after he got caught. well done bravo.
                      OMG, you really don't know how a hair sample test works, do you?

Comment

Working...
                      X