No announcement yet.

Is This Fair To Say...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Yea cuz everything is equal & fair in society & has always been. Its good its always been cuz if there was a history of f#ckedupness it would surely have ramifications for generations in how people treat each other & feel about each other based on something stupid like the color of their skin + how cats feel about themselves cuz of how others look at them & treat them. Glad we don't live in a society like that. We really lucked out.

Big deal....Every group in the history of this planet has been "oppressed" by some other group at one point in time (some faced far worse oppression than anything African Americans have ever faced)...It means nothing in 2018 and is universal across all countries and regions....

The difference is every other group worked hard to overcome it and didn't think they entire planet cosmically owes them something or owes them success because of prior "oppression."

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
      The Cop who did that shooting was Hispanic...

Just like the Cop who shot Philandro Castile was Hispanic...
      Yea but we weren't discussing the race of the cop.

Comment

Yea cuz everything is equal & fair in society & has always been. Its good its always been cuz if there was a history of f#ckedupness it would surely have ramifications for generations in how people treat each other & feel about each other based on something stupid like the color of their skin + how cats feel about themselves cuz of how others look at them & treat them. Glad we don't live in a society like that. We really lucked out.
        history is what a person made of it. same thing goes for the future. a person has to chose what part of life they want to concentrate on.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          history is what a person made of it. same thing goes for the future. a person has to chose what part of life they want to concentrate on.
          That makes all the sense in the world....when the world you live in isn't against you on many different ways on many different levels.

Sometimes you are able to create your own reality, sometimes you have to live in others peoples reality cuz you aren't given the ability to reign over your own.

I wouldn't expect most people to be able to grasp this concept doe. But its fun to pretend everyone is on equal footing & everyone has the same exact opportunity for success. And maybe one day it will actually be like that. I certainly think things are headed that way, but its not THAT close to being here.

Comment

That makes all the sense in the world....when the world you live in isn't against you on many different ways on many different levels.

Sometimes you are able to create your own reality, sometimes you have to live in others peoples reality cuz you aren't given the ability to reign over your own.

I wouldn't expect most people to be able to grasp this concept doe. But its fun to pretend everyone is on equal footing & everyone has the same exact opportunity for success. And maybe one day it will actually be like that. I certainly think things are headed that way, but its not THAT close to being here.
            once again, HISTORY (pick a part that strengthens your pov) was what a person made of it. if a person needs to STAY THERE, its on him/her.

the same thing goes for the future. a person can learn from THEIR mistakes and make necessary improvement or create reasons why its always someone elses fault.

there will always be bosses and there will always be employees. thats just the way things are.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

This guy got shot. I mean...the one on the ground with his hands raised in the air. Thought I’d give you one more chance to figure the point out by yourself.
              And I figured I'd give you one more chance to think your argument through. What is the point you're trying to make? Or you contending that not fleeing or reaching for your waistband isn't the proper protocol for police interaction? Are you arguing that one should flee and reach when confronted with police? I hope not, it's utterly stupid. Or, are you arguing the man was shot because he was black? If that's the case, the millions of blacks that have been arrested without incident would counter that argument easily. For someone that presents himself as a smart debater, you're really dropping the ball here.

Does the term anomaly mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                once again, HISTORY (pick a part that strengthens your pov) was what a person made of it. if a person needs to STAY THERE, its on him/her.

the same thing goes for the future. a person can learn from THEIR mistakes and make necessary improvement or create reasons why its always someone elses fault.

there will always be bosses and there will always be employees. thats just the way things are.

ALL LIVES MATTER
                In a vacuum that theory works. Outside of it when everything is not about that then opportunity doesn't come to those who seek it equally & everything else trends towards that same reality. Its easier to be a white rich person than a non-white rich person in the US, its easier to be a middle class white person than a non-white middle class person in the US & its harder become a white poor person than it is a non-white poor person in the US.

Sure person to person some non-white person can excel over a white person & it happens all the time. So on a specific person to person battle ANYTHING is possible & its a sweet lil story when someone non-white "makes it" all the way up the ladder, but the reality for non-white people is different. And it trends negative cuz the people in power in the US for decades & decades & decades have wanted that to be the case even since things have changed greatly from several hundred years ago. It is what it is. I can't even fault you for not grasping this sorta reality & think this is about mfers "not applying themselves" or not understanding a "mistake" for a non-white person can put you in prison for a decade cuz my assumption is you don't live it nor have really thought about living that sorta existence yourself where the world isn't for you.

I digress & agree to disagree here though cuz I just wanna watch the fights today.

Comment

no, its just the black community making it all about them as per usual. A load of schoolchildren have been massacred but yeah, that community have somehow got to twist it into an example of 'the oppression'.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
                    Big deal....Every group in the history of this planet has been "oppressed" by some other group at one point in time (some faced far worse oppression than anything African Americans have ever faced)...It means nothing in 2018 and is universal across all countries and regions....

The difference is every other group worked hard to overcome it and didn't think they entire planet cosmically owes them something or owes them success because of prior "oppression."
                    well said ^

Comment

its cuz white people are physically inferior they don't pose no threats, but the cops know 5 times out of 10 if it wasn't for their guns/weapons blacks/browns could beat they ass so they are naturally afraid.

its like say you confront one of them gotdamn toy dogs like say a Yorkie your not gonna pull your gun out and shoot it it doesn't pose no threat to you, now if its a pitbull that needs to be apprehended your most likely going to pull your gun out and probably shoot it if its intimidating you....

Comment

Working...
                      X