Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime for Prime: Roberto Duran vs Pernell Whitaker at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super tough one to call, but i'd say pernell would be a tad too slippery for roberto

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      WTF are you talking about now? When did I ever show hate towards Whitaker or bias against him? Just because I choose one fighter to win over him doesn't mean I am hating on him. You fanboys are all alike.
      I'm not a fanboy of pernell, however, it's obvious you would know all about fanboyism. Go back to the Floyd hating threads or licking golovkins fuggin sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        I'm not a fanboy of pernell, however, it's obvious you would know all about fanboyism. Go back to the Floyd hating threads or licking golovkins fuggin sphincter
        Funny you should mention Floyd, where I did not. You just can't keep his balls out of your mouth. Go have yourself a cry on one of the twenty or more active threads dedicated to your overrated b!tch.

Comment

[QUOTE=GhostofDempsey;17765048]Stop being emotional. In the second fight McGirt fought the entire fight with one arm. Whitaker still couldn't stop him. You think he's going to stop a healthy, peak Duran?[/Q

My post had nothing to do with emotions so apparently the only person catching feelings is you. Never said he would stop Duran so you should tone down with the lying which you seem to be good at. You said he didn't have the power to keep Duran off of him as if Duran would walk through him. I disagree. It's that simple.

Save the lies for someone that doesn't know any better. I'm not the one.

Comment

It's not a hard pick at all for me. Duran would easily beat Whitaker in my opinion. Whitaker's defensive style and mediocre punching power would be overwhelmed by Duran's high punch volume, vicious and skillful attack. Duran was not only a great puncher but a great boxer on both offense and defense. Whitaker couldn't hurt him so he could come at Whitaker very hard with no fear at all. Duran at his best beats Whitaker at his best. Duran gave Hagler a good fight and Hagler would have slaughtered Whitaker in my opinion.

Comment

If only it were as simple as walking through a prime Whitaker.

Even on the inside Whitaker is very clever and an underrated body puncher. I think Whitaker would frustrate the hell out of Duran for large spells and not get hit as often as people think on the inside. He could neutralise most of Duran's attack and land enough shots of his own to rack up enough rounds in a competitive but clear win. Whitaker was also very hard to pin on the ropes.

Comment

[QUOTE=joseph5620;17765347]
                Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Stop being emotional. In the second fight McGirt fought the entire fight with one arm. Whitaker still couldn't stop him. You think he's going to stop a healthy, peak Duran?[/Q

My post had nothing to do with emotions so apparently the only person catching feelings is you. Never said he would stop Duran so you should tone down with the lying which you seem to be good at. You said he didn't have the power to keep Duran off of him as if Duran would walk through him. I disagree. It's that simple.

Save the lies for someone that doesn't know any better. I'm not the one.
                The tone of your reply was belligerent. As is this one. You aren't capable of discussing boxing without accusing someone of lies, which is just borderline ******ed.

I don't have anything against Whitaker. He was a great defensive fighter. But he went the distance with Haugen, Pendleton, Mayweather, and Benjie Marquez who has more losses than wins--these were far inferior fighters to Duran. He also lost to a 40 year old washed up Jose Luis Ramirez who was never on Duran's level. It was argued a robbery, but he lost none the less and won a UD in the rematch.

This is why I place Duran over Whitaker. There was no lying, no agenda, no bias involved. You just can't handle sound reasoning. But I'm pretty sure I know why.

Comment

duran stomps him pea would never get a punch in too busy bending all the way too the floor gets overwhelmed

Comment

if you think Leonard frustrated Duran then imagine this

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Probably one of the hardest picks to call.......
                      Agreed. There were no two greater fighters at integrating offense and defense in transition. It's almost unpickable for me but I would go with Duran if someone put a gun to my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X