Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: Wilder Won't Fight Fury After That Loss, Fury vs AJ is Now The Biggest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Few and far between and onlyy because they picked wilder to beat fury. They're either brave or stupid.
    Most people only say wilder deserved draw from privacy of bedroom though. Even in internet cafe is risky in case someone looking over your shoulder
    Sure man. I mean theyre not super brave like NSB posters..

Comment

Most people who have a platform like Andre laugh at any suggestion wilder deserved a draw. Won't even entertain idea. As it goes against everything they learned.
      Andre ward knows it's possible to be knocked down. But it takes gu ts to get up like he did against kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Problem though, is that Fury shouldn't have been a challenge. Wilder being fresh off Ortiz meant that he should have blown Fury out in max 4 rounds.

This guy was coming off a HUGE layoff, drug abuse, obesity, mental illness, etc. Looked like trash against Pianeta, Seferi took a dive...and in neither fight did Fury look impressive.

He didn't really look impressive tonight either, he just went super defensive like he promised. Which is fine, but Wilder has taken out guys who went super defensive with ease. So why all of a sudden could he not get Fury out of there?

The whole fight was weird. Nothing felt right about it. Wilder didn't look like he was even trying to win, Fury didn't look like he was trying to win.

Then you have Fury with his mysterious response to the question about a rematch clause.

If I was cynical I'd swear they set things up to force a draw to enable a rematch so that they could get a payday they wouldn't have gotten otherwise gotten in a single PPV fight.
        Trust me, you're not being cynical. Your eyes are not deceiving you. They just defrauded the public to take your PPV dollars and save Wilder from facing AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
          Fury said, after the fight Wilder wouldn’t want a rematch. I guess we’ll see..I just don’t see Wilder improving much more.
          I've heard it's already in the works for Vega

From a guy that knows a guy so don't quote me for sure.

Disappointing if true I just want them both to fight AJ now.

Comment

His opinion, but I hope he is wrong about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              Bomber has to see Fury again...especially if he wants to be the UNDISPUTED champ...no way around it

You people think I'm bluffing about them staging this? It's only the morning after and people are already calling for the rematch, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                I've heard it's already in the works for Vega

From a guy that knows a guy so don't quote me for sure.

Disappointing if true I just want them both to fight AJ now.
                Neither guy wants to face AJ as they'll both lose. They planned a rematch well before last night. Fury only provided the KDs required to make the draw call not seem absolutely outrageous. Wilder's team knows that AJ would eat him alive and there is still more money to be made off of him, no need to cash him out just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  There is definitely zero chance they ever put him in the Fury again. He was completely dismantled and humiliated.
                  Wtf are you high on? He was a razor blade away from knocking Fury out. Stop that nonsense..

Comment

Working...
                  X