Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo is now a 2 time lineal middleweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great resume and accomplishments for his age.

Though Lara, Trout, and Golovkin x2 fights could have all been losses. At the very least Lara and one of the Golovkin fights should have been losses IMO. Still impressive but he has never fully separated himself from the top opponents and has been the beneficiary of shamelessly favorable judging. Those things cannot be ignored when looking at his career up to this point.
    Last edited by _original_; 09-21-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Clearly 114-114, clearly beat Vazquez, Lara, his whole career is riddled with corruption. You love the sport or you **** off the old system. Mayweather won his fights, despite the calls of unfair advantages. But this is a whole different level. Its what happens when moneys pouring out of the sport, and you have to put it on one bankable asset

all the fighters seen the same fight I saw. which was a canelo win.

canelo bullied ggg for the first 6 rounds and fought even with ggg for the last 6 rounds.

im learning that most people really dont know **** about scoring a fight.

every fight is debatable according to you dudes on this site.

ggg won the first fight, canelo won the 2nd fight

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        all the fighters seen the same fight I saw. which was a canelo win.
        Somebody making a list of 50 fighters isn't "all the fighters"

Comment

I got canelo number 1 pfp right now. He's undoubtedly the greatest fighter in the world, currently.

Lomachenko number 2, greatest boxer in the world curently.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Why are people acting like Canelo has been facing monsters? The only names worth mentioning are Lara and Cotto.
            He got the "W" vs Golovkin, but it wasnt much of a win, just a hell of a performance.

Good fighter, not seeing the epic resume though.
            Lara is one of the greatest jr middleweight boxers of this era. The fact that canelo beat him proved he was a legit fighter.

Comment

Why are people acting like Canelo has been facing monsters? The only names worth mentioning are Lara and Cotto.
              He got the "W" vs Golovkin, but it wasnt much of a win, just a hell of a performance.

Good fighter, not seeing the epic resume though.
              So you're saying Canelos W vs. GGG was just a " Hell of a Performance " but not much of a win ?
              What are you smoking on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                So you're saying Canelos W vs. GGG was just a " Hell of a Performance " but not much of a win ?
                What are you smoking on ?
                The fight could have easily gone the other way. And was in actuality leaning more Golovkins way. Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt, that's nothing new.

I give him credit for the performance, but im not going to act like he dominated or even really won the fight. He just got the "W", like I said.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  Lara is one of the greatest jr middleweight boxers of this era. The fact that canelo beat him proved he was a legit fighter.
                  Yea.... the only threats Canelo has faced is Lara and Golovkin. Everyone else was a safe pick, they didnt expect to win the Mayweather fight although I'm sure they tried and Alvarez really thought he could.

Even Golovkin was carefully approached. But im not taking credit for that. Only that he hasnt seperated himself in my eyes. I give hin credit for the performance, I give him credit for making it somewhat arguable, but it's tough for me to score it for alvarez, it's a fight I didnt think he won, but he could have gotten it, I guess, maybe? Gotta reach.

Comment

I would be as well if I had the judges in my back pocket

Comment

Yea.... the only threats Canelo has faced is Lara and Golovkin. Everyone else was a safe pick, they didnt expect to win the Mayweather fight although I'm sure they tried and Alvarez really thought he could.

Even Golovkin was carefully approached. But im not taking credit for that. Only that he hasnt seperated himself in my eyes. I give hin credit for the performance, I give him credit for making it somewhat arguable, but it's tough for me to score it for alvarez, it's a fight I didnt think he won, but he could have gotten it, I guess, maybe? Gotta reach.
                      i wouldnt call trout a safe pick.. heck canelo as a teen was fighting a very crafty an older miguel vazquez... i think his resume is really good considering he still has a long road ahead... maybe not great yet, but definitely in the right path...
                      history will be made if he cleans the current MW division, imho...

Comment

Working...
                      X