No announcement yet.

Golovkin said anyone from 154 to 168 then ducked Ward, Lara, Ramirez and Degale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    It would only benefit him in the long term if GG ages and he beats him. Yes, obviously I agree with that. But will GG deteriorate?

If he gives GG the middle finger, his reputation will take another huge hit. Once he's officially moved up to MW, he's in GG's pond, and again, GG is the 'Man' with most of the belts.

Who's Canelo going to fight? Again, Brook says he's fighting Spence, and Floyd and Manny are unrealistic. His only option is if he can BJS before GG can. After that there'd be nobody. There'd only be GG left who was relevant. I don't think people would care to see him fight Cotto again. Giving GG the finger buys him time, but people are losing patience with him.
    i think the saunders possibility is more than realistic, the wba will push hard for this fight, i think they are already doing it, and cotto too isnt out of the picture either, only cuz it generates a lot of money, and the reamtch for that fight was already prepared in mexico by tv azteca since they had cotto winning in the scorecards, canelo beating cotto convingcingly will give him more credibility in mexico, to me i dont think the fight will be competitive next time, but im sure they can sell it well to both mexicans and puerto ricans... heck at this point i wouldnt completely rule out a floyd rematch since pac numbers seem to be lower than canelos, but who knows, a lot of things can happen in a year and thats why i feel ggg should secure the fight, but if he doesnt thats his choice and there is nothing me or his fans can do about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      i think the saunders possibility is more than realistic, the wba will push hard for this fight, i think they are already doing it, and cotto too isnt out of the picture either, only cuz it generates a lot of money, and the reamtch for that fight was already prepared in mexico by tv azteca since they had cotto winning in the scorecards, canelo beating cotto convingcingly will give him more credibility in mexico, to me i dont think the fight will be competitive next time, but im sure they can sell it well to both mexicans and puerto ricans... heck at this point i wouldnt completely rule out a floyd rematch since pac numbers seem to be lower than canelos, but who knows, a lot of things can happen in a year and thats why i feel ggg should secure the fight, but if he doesnt thats his choice and there is nothing me or his fans can do about it...
      Great points.

Good post.

A lot of things can happen in a year. But GG could be in a more favourable position this time next year, and I don't believe anyone in K2's position would accept a flat fee, 12 months out.

Comment

1. It takes TWO fighters to create a huge fight.

2. How on earth would it generate only $40m??

Cotto-Canelo generated $58m from 900,000 buys.

3. Canelo wouldn't bring in 95% of the buys.

4. How can GG not earn $3m from future fights?

You're absolutely clueless.
        1. It does take two to create a huge fight, but with g strings relative obscurity, this won't be a huge fight money wise.
        2.This fight won't come anywhere near Cotto/Canelo, Canelo is Canelo and g string flat out doesn't have Cotto's star power. 97k tells you that.
        3. Canelo might not bring in 95% of the buys, but he WILL bring in at least 80% minimum.
        4. If g strings not in with Canelo or the Ward/Kov winner, exactly who in the **** is he gonna fight that will bring him more than 2 million.
        5. When was the last time a fighter (g string) with exactly ZERO quality wins got a 10 million dollar offer to fight anyone?

The clueless ****er is YOU.
        Last edited by just the facts; 11-14-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Only 250-300,000 PPV's on Mexican Independence Day?

Where is this huge PPV star who supposedly deserves 75-80% of the purse against GG?
          Those are numbers team g string can only dream of

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            1. It does take two to create a huge fight, but with g strings relative obscurity, this won't be a huge fight money wise.
            2.This fight won't come anywhere near Cotto/Canelo, Canelo is Canelo and g string flat out doesn't have Cotto's star power. 97k tells you that.
            3. Canelo might not bring in 95% of the buys, but he WILL bring in at least 80% minimum.
            4. If g strings not in with Canelo or the Ward/Kov winner, exactly who in the **** is he gonna fight that will bring him more than 2 million.
            5. When was the last time a fighter (g string) with exactly ZERO quality wins got a 10 million dollar offer to fight anyone?

The clueless ****er is YOU.
            Another comedy post.

1. Of course it would be a huge fight money wise. GG is no longer in relative obscurity.

2. Again, yes, it will certainly eclipse the revenue that Cotto-Canelo grossed. If the fight happens, I'll take great delight in bumping this thread. It's not about comparing Cotto's fame with GG's. It's about the magnitude of the fight in the boxing world. It's highly anticipated. Although Cotto's a bigger name, his fight with Canelo wasn't highly anticipated. Because Canelo had never fought at MW before, and Cotto himself was never a MW, and he only obtained the belt due to beating a shot version of Martinez. You guys can keep quoting the 97,000 all you want. It's now firmly in the past. His popularity is gaining with each fight, as evidenced by his figures with Brook.

3. Canelo won't bring in 80% of the buys. You're living in a fantasy. Canelo doesn't do huge numbers unless he's involved with a big name/relevant fight.

4. Can you not read? GG has just earnt $5m against Brook. A fight against BJS in the U.K. would replicate that, as would fights against the likes of and DeGale.

5. Once again, you are only looking from one perspective. Again, this fight would be huge, which would gross millions in PPV revenue. It's one of the most highly anticipated fights in the sport right now. Which means that GG deserves more than what he's been offered. Again, unless Canelo fights Floyd or Manny, GG is the biggest fight for him in terms of revenue.
            Last edited by robertzimmerman; 11-19-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              Those are numbers team g string can only dream of
              Yeah.

He's just been involved in a fight that did 500,000 buys and he got a bigger guarantee than what Canelo's just got against Smith.

I'd think about changing your username if I were you.

Comment

Working...
              X