Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank Jnr set to sign £3m deal to fight Gennady Golovkin at London's O2 Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank Jnr set to sign £3m deal to fight Gennady Golovkin at London's O2 Arena

Chris Eubank Jnr is expected to sign a £3million deal this week to fight Kazakhstan’s Gennady Golovkin in September in London.

The O2 Arena is the preferred venue and after 11 days of negotiations promoter Eddie Hearn has told Sportsmail an agreement is 'very close'.

It is understood Eubank Jnr would stand to pocket at least £3million for a hugely ambitious middleweight assignment against the most devastating puncher in the sport.

Given the way the proposed deal is structured, a bumper pay-per-view audience on Sky Box Office could see the British champion's purse doubled.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...-O2-Arena.html

i think making a 1000th thread before the fight is signed is starting to get a bit tiresome m8?

Comment

I might go to this. How much would cheapest tickets cost. Could I get £30 sterling tickets.?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        I might go to this. How much would cheapest tickets cost. Could I get £30 sterling tickets.?
        I'm thinking maybe £39 for the cheapest, but they'll probably sell out fast

Comment

I guess Sky coughed up the money for it, however.......

In before "Why can't K2 and GGG pay Jacobs or BJS that much?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
            I'm thinking maybe £39 for the cheapest, but they'll probably sell out fast
            Bit too much if so. But I might though still. Probably bad view though right at back

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Bit too much if so. But I might though still. Probably bad view though right at back
              when's the last time a foreign fighter as good as golovkin (and in his prime) fought on these shores? it's not often we get an opportunity like this

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                when's the last time a foreign fighter as good as golovkin (and in his prime) fought on these shores? it's not often we get an opportunity like this
                This fight has a similar story line to Tzsyu/Hatton. How big was Calzaghe/Lacy in the UK?

Comment

Who/Where is BJS fighting that he needs his visa in order? Jacobs? Alvarez undercard? Or maybe he had an issue while training in Spain? I was expecting him to announce he'll be fighting Sulecki next.

Comment

looks like eubank sr pulled it off, good for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X