Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name me some fighters who over come all the odds to be champions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name me some fighters who over come all the odds to be champions!

It can be Fighters who over came a late start to boxing, fighters who had very little or no amateur fighters, fighters who made it with out the big promoters or managers, fighters who over came career ending injuries, fighters who had limited boxing skills, fighters who were not strong to begin with, fighters who had bad starts to there pro career's.

Henry Armstrong, Bernard Hopkins, Marvin Hagler, Dwight Muhammad Qawi, Sergio Martinez, Nate Campbell, Carlos Baldomir, and I'm missing plenty of others.

On another note, I was watching Trinidad-Campos yesterday. Trinidad is 1 dirty muh****er for all the low blows he's dished out lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      Henry Armstrong, Bernard Hopkins, Marvin Hagler, Dwight Muhammad Qawi, Sergio Martinez, Nate Campbell, Carlos Baldomir, and I'm missing plenty of others.

On another note, I was watching Trinidad-Campos yesterday. Trinidad is 1 dirty muh****er for all the low blows he's dished out lulz.
      yeah campos was not a clean fighter himself his favourite combanation was double jab and a head butt, tito just got there first

Comment

Howard Winstone must figure near the top.
        He lost the tips of three fingers on his right hand in an accident. As a result he lost much of the punching power in his right hand and so had to change his style to rely much more on a straight left. Was unlucky enough to be in the same era as Vicente Saldivar who he challenged 3 times for his title. When Saldivar retired Winstone finally won the world title.

Comment

Rocky Marciano. He had only a 68 inch reach and was considered too short and overcame pneumonia as a child.

Comment

In terms of betting odds, Buster Douglas overcame like no other.

Comment

Working...
            X