Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Admits That He Will "Think Hard" About Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retire or one more fight in the Philippines, the winner of Garcia vs Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      "Thinking" about retirement virtually never ends with a retirement
      Worked for Michael Spinks.

Originally posted by ZMGregg View Post
      I suggest we put Horn and Porter in the same ring. How will Horn react if someone is doing the same thing to him.
      Now THAT would be a barn burner worthy of money being paid. Could you imagine those two?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Worked for Michael Spinks.
        Virtually never works. Didn't say it never works although idr wtf Spinks said back in the day to co-sign what your saying or to argue with it, I just know guys who wanna retire tend to just retire not think if they wanna retire.

Although in fairness a lot of those guys aren't realllllllly retired & will end up fighting again so sh^t go ahead & think about it I guess. Don't matter to me either way I just call bs that guys are legit thinking about retiring most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Virtually never works. Didn't say it never works although idr wtf Spinks said back in the day to co-sign what your saying or to argue with it, I just know guys who wanna retire tend to just retire not think if they wanna retire.

Although in fairness a lot of those guys aren't realllllllly retired & will end up fighting again so sh^t go ahead & think about it I guess. Don't matter to me either way I just call bs that guys are legit thinking about retiring most of the time.
          Spinks was heralded as the next big thing and the top light heavy until Tyson literally embarrassed him in the first.

After that fight he said he was contemplating retirement - and not only did it, he went into seclusion and didn't come back out until like 2006-ish.

I get your point, but I'm saying, that's what I want Manny to do. Quietly retire and leave so people can miss him. At this rate he's going to be on the same list as guys like Roy Jones, James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Steve Collins, Nigel Benn, etc. who can't let go and become caricatures of their former selves.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Spinks was heralded as the next big thing and the top light heavy until Tyson literally embarrassed him in the first.

After that fight he said he was contemplating retirement - and not only did it, he went into seclusion and didn't come back out until like 2006-ish.

I get your point, but I'm saying, that's what I want Manny to do. Quietly retire and leave so people can miss him. At this rate he's going to be on the same list as guys like Roy Jones, James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Steve Collins, Nigel Benn, etc. who can't let go and become caricatures of their former selves.
            Idk that Manny can quietly leave like Spinks did to be missed doe. He might be President of a f#cking country in 5 or 11 years.

And fanboys will fanboy on him & hater fans will hate on him til he dies, can't do much about all that. In general it seems with life post-boxing appreciation tends to come to more elite fighters then not. And I don't see why Manny wouldn't be among those who are more appreciated in retirement as he did some great things in the sport that may never be beaten or duplicated. Those types of guys tend to become larger & more respected post-their active boxing career.

Comment

It's grueling fights like this one that can cause long term health damage in his future. It's time for him to get out now before its too late; While he still has his mental faculties about him because the longer he goes the more punishment he is going to absorb. He no longer possess the same kind of power, stamina and timing to compete at the elite level anymore.

Comment

Pac will whoop horn in a rematch. He didn't lose anyway only to the officiating. There isn't any fighter yet that made Pac look washed. Still top 5.

Comment

Working...
                X