No announcement yet.

Pac Spence could be like the Brook Spence Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac Spence could be like the Brook Spence Fight

What I can tell by the way Brook performed against Spence.

Spence was getting hit easy by Brook all night. Brook is much slower than even a 40 year old Pac and he was connecting over Spence easily and was winning until youth of Spence powered Spence through to win in a competitive fight. Spence consistent energy to maintain his relentless pace throughout the fight was the game changer. Brook faded in the end over this young stallion, but skill wise they were both in the run to win that night, but Brook's eye was getting fuvked up and he eventually had to quit. (Brook's Achilles was his eye coz of the GGG fight)

So what can we learn from that fight in relation to a Pac Spence fight.

a. Knowing Pac is faster and hits as hard or even harder than Brook. Pac can definitely give Spence a run for his money and do more damage to Spence. Pac can definitely win this.

b. Spence have the ability to maintain his fast pace from round 1-12. Pac can fade in the later rounds from Spence intensity due to his age. So if Pac doesn't keep up with Spence he will lose.

Conclusion: If Pac is able to maintain his stamina for 12 rounds against Spence. I believe Pac and Spence will be trading punches and the more durable man will win in the end, if Pac maintains his stamina for 12 rounds he can definitely hurt Spence and win as Brook has demonstrated how Spence can easily be hit, and if Pac cannot maintain his stamina for 12 rounds, Pac will fade in the championship rounds due to Spence pressure. Pac loses in a competitive fight.

And that is why this is a 50/50 fight. Both can win here.

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-04-2019, 06:19 AM.

What Brook had was a tremendous amount of strength and straight hard accurate shots. That was difficult for an off-night Spence to deal with for a couple of rounds.

Pacquiao would get obliterated and stopped. As will Keith if they ever fought. Shawn might be tough enough to withstand the onslaught and make it to the cards.

Crawford is about as close to 50/50 as anyone will get against Spence.

Comment

i'd favor spence to win but it's not going to be a mismatch like some dorks think in here

but those rounds off he took vs thurman he cannot afford vs spence...stamina/endurance are just not as they used to thus im picking spence via decision

Comment

I’m in full agreement that this fight would come down to stamina. Pac would fade in the later rounds and Spence wouldn’t. don’t know if i’d call a stoppage but Spence would be tagging him hard in the later rounds.

Comment

make the fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            What I can tell by the way Brook performed against Spence.

Spence was getting hit easy by Brook all night. Brook is much slower than even a 40 year old Pac and he was connecting over Spence easily and was winning until youth of Spence powered Spence through to win in a competitive fight. Spence consistent energy to maintain his relentless pace throughout the fight was the game changer. Brook faded in the end over this young stallion, but skill wise they were both in the run to win that night, but Brook's eye was getting fuvked up and he eventually had to quit. (Brook's Achilles was his eye coz of the GGG fight)

So what can we learn from that fight in relation to a Pac Spence fight.

a. Knowing Pac is faster and hits as hard or even harder than Brook. Pac can definitely give Spence a run for his money and do more damage to Spence. Pac can definitely win this.

b. Spence have the ability to maintain his fast pace from round 1-12. Pac can fade in the later rounds from Spence intensity due to his age. So if Pac doesn't keep up with Spence he will lose.

Conclusion: If Pac is able to maintain his stamina for 12 rounds against Spence. I believe Pac and Spence will be trading punches and the more durable man will win in the end, if Pac maintains his stamina for 12 rounds he can definitely hurt Spence and win as Brook has demonstrated how Spence can easily be hit, and if Pac cannot maintain his stamina for 12 rounds, Pac will fade in the championship rounds due to Spence pressure. Pac loses in a competitive fight.

And that is why this is a 50/50 fight. Both can win here.

- -Barney!

Is it really you?

Comment

All I know is that prime Pacquiao would f#k him up bad

Comment

Both Spence and Brook are large welters. They walk around at 175-180 lbs. Manny may have a speed advantage but Spence would be Margarito plus ten pounds. If I were PAC I’d insist on a rehydration clause if Spence really wants the fight. Cannot rehydrate past 155-160 entering the ring. That is the only chance I would give Manny to win.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                  Pacquiao would get obliterated and stopped.
                  Crawford is about as close to 50/50 as anyone will get against Spence.
                  I agree with the first assessment; but I have Crawford/Spence at 52/48. The latter two are the top dogs in the division IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                    I agree with the first assessment; but I have Crawford/Spence at 52/48. The latter two are the top dogs in the division IMO.
                    It's a great fight they need to make it happen. I personally favor Spence, both very skilled but I think Spence's strength will be the deciding factor. He will impose it and only a matter of time before it's too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X