Collapse
No announcement yet.

"GGG was always slow"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never really understood the argument that GGG was slow...when he has always had that jab that he basically can land at will...if that isn't some version of speed I don't know what is.

Yeah when I started seeing some of those leg sleeves on him in training, I mean that is usually a sign that the legs are slowing down, and that's where everyone's speed comes from, the legs.

Physically he looked OK to me vs SD though...just not sure what his gameplan was...maybe it was age or maybe matchup etc...but yeah if he can't fight any better than that then he needs to hang them up imo

Comment

Originally posted by Errol Spence View Post
      When did GGG's prime end?? what was his last prime fight?
      At the time ggg fought David Lemieux in 2015. I strongly believe after that fight he wasn't as good as before..

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        The last fight in which Golovkin appeared to me to be firing on all cylinders was vs. David Lemieux in October of 2015.
        Originally posted by BaguMka View Post
        At the time ggg fought David Lemieux in 2015. I strongly believe after that fight he wasn't as good as before..
        It's really difficult to say because Kell Brook was the first elite fighter he fought, albeit a small one. I'm not saying any of it was his fault but he didn't fight anybody until Brook so it's pretty hard to gauge his prime and drop off and I dont think anyone can say for sure.

As far as the thread, I wouldnt call him slow...hes just not fast. But he has got mind quickness and plenty of other qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
          GGG built his legacy on Canelo. Lol.

“162lbs easy for me!”
          A 36 year old GGG kicked a 28 year old Canelo's ass. What a slaufgter it would be if GGG was 28 and Canelo was 26. GGG would quickly KO a 36 year old Canelo. Hell Canelo won't even be fighting at 32. He is on the way out now but you can;t see it coming you stupid GGG hating Canelo ass kisser. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            A 36 year old GGG kicked a 28 year old Canelo's ass. What a slaufgter it would be if GGG was 28 and Canelo was 26. GGG would quickly KO a 36 year old Canelo. Hell Canelo won't even be fighting at 32. He is on the way out now but you can;t see it coming you stupid GGG hating Canelo ass kisser. LOL.
            It's cute how you guys always give Golovkin victories in fantasy matchups.

Since the real life resume is a bit lacking.

Comment

Few years back Bradley said he watched his 1st GGG fight in person and his reactions was "he's good but he's sloooooooow"

Comment

Originally posted by BaguMka View Post
                Don't bother to show videos. Haters gonna hate anyway. GGG was most avoided fighter in his prime. That coward drug cheat canelo didn't want no part of ggg at the time
                U do know that Canelo wasn’t always at 160 right? And exactly when did GGG prime end?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                  GGG built his legacy on Canelo. Lol.

“162lbs easy for me!”
                  It's the other way around. GGG was already famous when nobody knew who Canelo was. Canelo's legacy on built a bogus home town SD win over GGG and cherry picking the weakest possible champs at 168 and 175..
                  175 is easy for Canelo if his opponent is washed up and 36 and has recently been KOed twice. LOL.

Comment

https://youtu.be/f-ancl-CeLw?t=109

Here's his pro debut.

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                    U do know that Canelo wasn’t always at 160 right? And exactly when did GGG prime end?
                    Who the **** knows when exactly?

But nobody here is truly claiming any guy past 35 is in their physical prime.

I know a lot of dudes on here haven't been able to see their abs in probably a decade, so I wouldn't be surprised if they say nonsense like that.

Originally posted by Errol Spence View Post
                    When did GGG's prime end?? what was his last prime fight?
                    Nobody knows when his prime ended. But nobody on here is claiming a 37 year old man is at his best.

Here's his first fight in the U.S. against Proksa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MfA2Z8tvzg
                    Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 10-13-2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

GGG was never fast but he has slowed down quite a bit. He is not Angulo slow who looks like he is in cement but I do have a theory as to why Golovkin seems to have really hit a decline in speed aside from age.

Not taking age into consideration I think whatever strength training he did with Abel these last few years have taken a toll on what speed and fluidity he had. He never use to be as bulked up as he is now. Back when he was facing Proksa & Macklin he was still kind of lean and his style wasn't as stiff. Now I know those two guys aren't the cream of the crop when it comes to competition but even when he presses his attack these past few years he seems more lumbering with his shots compared to then when they would just fire smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                      X