No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Really Hard To Find Opponents For Dmitry Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Rafael and Bivol's manager said they were contemplating between DAZN's and PBC's offers. Top Rank was not even in consideration SMH.
    Should have signed with PBC then. He signed with DAZN around the time he mentioned going down to 168. I assumed it was for Smith & Canelo, but those fights will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Should have signed with PBC then. He signed with DAZN around the time he mentioned going down to 168. I assumed it was for Smith & Canelo, but those fights will never happen
      DAZN money was probably too much to pass up? And I think his manager has other fighters with DAZN as well. Don't quote me on that though.

Comment

DAZN money was probably too much to pass up? And I think his manager has other fighters with DAZN as well. Don't quote me on that though.
        Makes sense, seems as though his career is suffered in terms of popularity though. I’d forgotten all about him

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Makes sense, seems as though his career is suffered in terms of popularity though. I’d forgotten all about him
          Yeah, he's not getting any big fights at 175 or 168 which suck because he very well may be THE guy at both divisions. Only one way to find out though.

Comment

yeah, but at this point he really needs fights. He's not getting any exposure at all fighting the 105th ranked LHW on the undercard of another mismatch.

He says he wants the Gvozdyk/Beterbiev winner, and I believe him. But I doubt he gets that fight on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              yeah, but at this point he really needs fights. He's not getting any exposure at all fighting the 105th ranked LHW on the undercard of another mismatch.

He says he wants the Gvozdyk/Beterbiev winner, and I believe him. But I doubt he gets that fight on DAZN.
              He may have just signed a one fight deal with DAZN. So maybe next fight he can go to ESPN? But not really sure what is going on with him.

Sucks though but hoping for the best and he gets a big fight next year. Wasted year for sure though.

Comment

Hearn may not be totally off base here. Bivol is one of those high risk/low reward guys. I was at Charles Foster's last fight against journeyman Grachev. Foster does not look like a credible opponent for Bivol at this point. Could they have found someone better than Castillo? Who knows but I will be watching nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Bivol said in an interview that they offered Zurdo Ramirez a title shot and they never heard back...
                  Got a link to that interview man ?

Comment

Rafael and Bivol's manager said they were contemplating between DAZN's and PBC's offers. Top Rank was not even in consideration SMH.
                    Smh they dropped the ball on that one...

Comment

His manager is Vadim Kornilov, many World of Boxing fighters fight on DAZN. Bivol is a free agent. They've said before they want fights with the other titleholders.

Comment

Working...
                      X