No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: Lomachenko is very good but he's nothing special and not an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
    Name another fighter, who had 13 title fights after 15 total fights. For the real recognizable titles. Then say that Loma isn't superstar.
    Superstar is different than ATG my man. ATG are built over the course of the ENTIRE career. If he retired today I don't think you could justifiably call him an ATG. He's a HOF but ATG is a stretch right now

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      And?

So now Barry fcking Hearn the Hearn's dinasty godfather became gospel to Shoulderroll nationalistic biggot US arse?

Man, that's something new, he surely had to sht on Loma to please your that much
      You blamed NSB for Lomachenko's status as an all-time great being questioned.

But the article was about a boxing insider questioning him being an ATG.

People can have that opinion and it is a legit one to have. Even if it upsets you because it goes against your particular narrative.

And I stand by what I wrote, I don't think he has done anywhere near enough yet to be put above a Salvador Sanchez or a Julio Cesar Chavez or a Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

of course you do, you're a twat

this guy has been the best fighter in the world at three weight classes in less than 15 fights. he might be the best amateur boxer ever. 400 fights with one avenged loss.

nothing special doe. barry right doe.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          Ruiz doesn't belong on no P4p list with that shi..tty resume. He won one flukey crap and he's getting knocked out in Dec.

Also, AJ wasn't a P4p king - be only made the list at number 7/8 or so.
          that was not a "flukey crap" AJ got beatdown for rounds, dropped many times

He took a beating.

The bullsht that we have to read on this board is unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            You blamed NSB for Lomachenko's status as an all-time great being questioned.

But the article was about a boxing insider questioning him being an ATG.

People can have that opinion and it is a legit one to have. Even if it upsets you because it goes against your particular narrative.

And I stand by what I wrote, I don't think he has done anywhere near enough yet to be put above a Salvador Sanchez or a Julio Cesar Chavez or a Floyd Mayweather.
            I didn't, I never said he's an ATG, nor blamed NSB for that.

And the dude didn't say he's above Chavez, Salva, Floyd, he said " he doesn't know if he would pick them in a head to head fight over Loma".

That's the usual back pedaling with you.

It's pretty easy to rank Loma, he's a HOFamer hands down.
            The opposition that he beat, in 15ish fights is mind blowing.
            So yes, he had like 400 am fights, 2 gold medals, hell, that's another argument on how great of a fighter he is.

he's not an ATG but he's not that far away from it.

If we call guys like Calzaghe and Andre Ward ATGs, then, Loma is not pretty far away from them looking at their best wins...

If we talk about JCC, Floyd ATG upper level, then, he needs to continue his winning streak for 10 more solid fights (granted that dude started with world championships in his second fight)

People ranking Loma with JCC and Floyd are stupid. But it's no a valid reason/excuse to bash that little great dude.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              of course you do, you're a twat

this guy has been the best fighter in the world at three weight classes in less than 15 fights. he might be the best amateur boxer ever. 400 fights with one avenged loss.

nothing special doe. barry right doe.
              So you think he's an all-time great already? And are you questioning whether or not you would pick him in a head-to-head with Salvador Sanchez, JCC, and Floyd like that other poster?

Fuck out of here.

He's not all that. At least not yet.

Barry Hearn IS right in this particular case.

Comment

He took a beating.

You're obviously not a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  So you think he's an all-time great already? And are you questioning whether or not you would pick him in a head-to-head with Salvador Sanchez, JCC, and Floyd like that other poster?

Fuck out of here.

He's not all that. At least not yet.

Barry Hearn IS right in this particular case.

"nothing special."
                  barry right doe

keep in mind that this is a man who would be arguing that he was one of the best fighters of all time if he wasnt signed to bob arum. these are promoters, they make money off of boxers and they are not honest when they talk.

Comment

He took a beating.

Fluke is once maybe twice even three times lol
                    But four times is no fughin fluke

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      You're obviously not a boxing fan.
                      Because I Think the AJ loss is no fluke I'm not a boxing fan?

Again, what is the fluke about taking a beatdown for 4 rounds and dropped 4 times?

Comment

Working...
                      X