• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing orgs that favour Promoters

WBC = Haymon/GBP
    WBO = Top Rank/Warren
    WBA = Hearn

Anymore?

IBF seem the most legit. If you don't follow the rules they'll strip you and don't give a **** who you are.

Does the WBA really favor Hearn? I haven't noticed that. They are a generally crappy org right now though, thanks to the "super" and "regular" bullcrap.

The WBC I would say favors Mexican fighters. Don't really see them being overly biased towards Haymon or GBP.

The WBO is blatantly in the pocket of Arum and Warren. No question there.

And yes, the IBF sticks to their rulebook and shows no favoritism. So promoters seem to keep their fighters away from their rankings since they can't manipulate them. Which unfortunately makes the IBF's top 10 at any weight weak at times.

Comment

For the most part the IBF is been pretty good. I'm just kind of sore with them over that Martin-Glazkov fight. I don't mind them stripping Tyson but neither of them boys should have had the honor of fighting for his title.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        For the most part the IBF is been pretty good. I'm just kind of sore with them over that Martin-Glazkov fight. I don't mind them stripping Tyson but neither of them boys should have had the honor of fighting for his title.
        If hennessy knew what he was doing that never would have happened.

I think he simply didnt have the money to pay for submitting the exemption request, because Hearn had no problems with the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          If hennessy knew what he was doing that never would have happened.
          correct.

I think he simply didnt have the money to pay for submitting the exemption request, because Hearn had no problems with the IBF.
          incorrect. exemption would have been a waste of time. klitschko and fury had both promised they'd fight glazkov next if they won. they put it in writing.

then they hid the rematch clause from the ibf. fury was automatically getting stripped no matter what he did after that.

the mistake was selling klitschko a rematch clause. horrible decision. fury was double mandatory. idiotic to sell a rematch clause.

Comment

Some peeps are getting a bit upset that the DubBC is all in with Canelo now.
            WBC/PBC has been their #1 supporter ask Stevenson.

Comment

Yeah that is Accurate!
              IBF have Rules and they STICK TO THEM no matter who is their Champion so props to them

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                correct.

incorrect. exemption would have been a waste of time. klitschko and fury had both promised they'd fight glazkov next if they won. they put it in writing.

then they hid the rematch clause from the ibf. fury was automatically getting stripped no matter what he did after that.

the mistake was selling klitschko a rematch clause. horrible decision. fury was double mandatory. idiotic to sell a rematch clause.
                True...

outright greed took precedent over the illustriousness of holding that IBF belt alongside the others, which differs from klitschko who if he had won im guessing wouldnt have provided that option to fury in the contract ?

Its quite ironic really considering prior to him pulling out with his suspect ankle injury , the first fight was such a bore fest that they were massively struggling to sell out the MEN arena with for the rematch with barely 2/3 tickets sold in june '16.

he should have just accepted 75% of the HW divisions title belts if he had won the fight instead of granting a rematch.. fought his mandatory and gone after wilder. No sympathy for Fury's poor decisions tbh

Comment

Hearn used to be favoured by IBF i think.

There was a point a about 2/3 years ago where nearly all his champs were IBF champs such as Brook, DeGale, AJ, Selby and some others.

Not so much there days it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                    Hearn used to be favoured by IBF i think.

There was a point a about 2/3 years ago where nearly all his champs were IBF champs such as Brook, DeGale, AJ, Selby and some others.

Not so much there days it seems.
                    YEah this seems not more logical than wba. Really don’t see anything from wba towards matchroom?

Comment

Working...
                    X