No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldub View Post
    Hmm you must've forgot rosado, Stevens, adama, ishida, proska and a few others who all were before geale.....research before you talk man. I can 100% disprove your statement which is why you don't want the link.
    musta forgot, or not memorable for involving the world title?

Comment

I personally think Golovkin's legacy is secure but I don't believe its anything too special. A win over Canelo will help it but in all honesty I don't see it as a career maker. He's had 20+ title defenses with MAYBE 6-8 credible opponents. You can't fight the best every time and mandatories do stall things but if I has to grade GGG's legacy from a 0-10 I'd give it a 7-7.5 right now. I'll bump it to an 8 with a decision Canelo win or maybe a bit over 8 if he stops Canelo. Idk what do you guys think about his legacy?
      One of the best ever.

Comment

Def not memorable. Just like wade or Monroe wasn't memorable but for some reason you wanna count those? Lol just stop.

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        musta forgot, or not memorable for involving the world title?

Comment

And no a title defense starts when you own a belt, interim or not. Not saying its a good thing but its how stats are counted. GGG has 20 defenses, you literally can't dispute it lol
          "reg" is not the belt. the WBC/A each can offer one world belt, since there is only one world.

Come back when you have evidence that there are two worlds, and not in a crapy China Mieville way.

Comment

Defending an interim title or regular title counts as a title defense just as a super title. You don't follow this sport much, huh?

"reg" is not the belt. the WBC/A each can offer one world belt, since there is only one world.

Come back when you have evidence that there are two worlds.

Comment

Defending an interim title or regular title counts as a title defense just as a super title. You don't follow this sport much, huh?
              as much as you dont follow that there is only one world

Comment

stop trying to put GGG down, guys he has a top ten legacy for sure at MW.

Comment

Actually he's had exactly 20 defenses....do a little research before commenting stuff that can be disproven by a simple boxrec search
                  "Regular" titles don't count. Nice try though.

Comment

Question for this and yes its relevant. Do you consider PAC an 8 division world champ or a 6?

stop trying to put GGG down, guys he has a top ten legacy for sure at MW.

Comment

Actually they do which is why many record holders for consecutive defenses started with their reg or interim and led to them beating the main champ and every single one counted.....like I said do some research
                      Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      "Regular" titles don't count. Nice try though.

Comment

Working...
                      X