No announcement yet.

Blackberry......WHY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    Times have changed...BBM and the fact that Smartphones were still relatively new at that point kept BB in the game.

Once people made the shift to smartphones, BBM wasn't as important as smartphones just offered so much more than purely BBM. BBM actually started declining around this point and 2 years later in order to save it from dying totally they pushed it out to smartphones but it never caught on as Whatsapp was just better to use.

Back then it was Samsung, Apple and HTC running the smartphone game now they're still there but Google, Huawei, Sony are serious players too.

To be fair, the BB was a smartphone, just not a very smart smartphone. The computer like touch screen that came along in the form of the iPhone just made it look archaic in comparison. RIMs whole USP was encrypted servers keeping BBM secure, when Apple came along and offered the iPhone with encrypted iMessage, there was one less reason to need the BB.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
      To be fair, the BB was a smartphone, just not a very smart smartphone. The computer like touch screen that came along in the form of the iPhone just made it look archaic in comparison. RIMs whole USP was encrypted servers keeping BBM secure, when Apple came along and offered the iPhone with encrypted iMessage, there was one less reason to need the BB.
      People my age then would only use BB's for chicks lmao that was it.

Once proper smartphones hit their stride, BB took way too long to evolve. There was a ton of innovation in this field at the time, so it was pretty hard to keep up. The last couple of years haven't really been that innovative imo. It seems to be a case where there are just spec upgrades and slight aesthetic adjustments but from a feature standpoint it's hit a deadlock. You know when companies that are showing emoticons as one of their lead features of their new phone that it's a dead thing on that front lol.

I'm just waiting on the technology to improve on the battery front. I wish we had the battery life of phones of 15 years ago. Those mofos lasted for ages obviously because they hardly did anything but i'm sure it'll get there at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        People my age then would only use BB's for chicks lmao that was it.

Once proper smartphones hit their stride, BB took way too long to evolve. There was a ton of innovation in this field at the time, so it was pretty hard to keep up. The last couple of years haven't really been that innovative imo. It seems to be a case where there are just spec upgrades and slight aesthetic adjustments but from a feature standpoint it's hit a deadlock. You know when companies that are showing emoticons as one of their lead features of their new phone that it's a dead thing on that front lol.

I'm just waiting on the technology to improve on the battery front. I wish we had the battery life of phones of 15 years ago. Those mofos lasted for ages obviously because they hardly did anything but i'm sure it'll get there at some point.

The smartphone as we know it will probably disappear and be replaced with a much smaller device like the smartwatch with AR glasses in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X