Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

If PBC created titles in an effort to enforce the "one belt per division across boxing" ideology, would you embrace it as the one true title?

Would you shun it?

Would you just consider it another title?

Which and why?

I would acknowledge the PBC champion as the true champion.
    11.11%
    I would support the PBC title but it would just be another belt in the mix.
    19.44%
    I would shun the PBC belt and regard the existing alphabet titles as the true champions.
    69.44%
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 12-31-2016, 09:08 PM.

It would be just another useless title

Comment

original zero

Comment

Would accept it. Its a step in the right direction. They should of done it and banned all their fighters from fighting for other belts when they had like all that money and 90% of the rosters of boxing the other 10% would of came over or just died out I think.

Comment

Yeah I don't think it's a good idea

Comment

I couldn't embrace it as the "one true title." Not all guys are under Haymon, most p4p guys aren't. But I kind of expect PBC to take that route. PBC was clearly meant to be the boxing equivalent to the UFC; Ultimate/Premier Fighting/Boxing Champions...so maybe they'll take that next step and use it as promotional jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              If PBC created titles in an effort to enforce the "one belt per division across boxing" ideology, would you embrace it as the one true title?

Would you shun it?

Would you just consider it another title?

Which and why?

nope, that would be just another worthless title

" titles "..... are just opinions

opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one

the worst problem within boxing is the fact that we have multiple sanctioning bodies, but it would take something special to fix it

you are definitely onto something, but I think it is too late

because I am aware that is the problem, a potential solution has been obvious for some time.....

an organisation would have to literally buy the existing belts from the fighters and burn them, contracting the champions (and most of the top10 in each division) to the new organisation..... which would take a considerable financial commitment

a partnership between Haymon and Hoya, using The Ring as the governing body, would likely be the only conceivable option that I could imagine of late..... but, highly unlikely

they would have to get at least the 2 major boxing commissions on board (likely as overseer's)..... they would have to notify the 4 official sanctioning organisations that they are now defunct..... and they would have to inform all of the fighters that there is now only one belt that matters.....

..... and at the same time they would need to secure every available television date and compose a new regulated format and a great marketing campaign

it could be correct to say that any single governing body > having 4 separate en****** control the sport..... no matter who that single governing body is..... because they would have to play it on the level if they want to succeed

it could not compete alongside the 4 existing bodies, it would actually have to replace them

Comment

I was hoping they would do some UFC style **** back when PBC started, with all that $$$, you know, so as to have one legit champ per division, but that didn't happen.

Now with all the money they've burned through and with all the mismanagement they've done, the chances of a PBC champ belt are, pretty much, zero.

Comment

I think it depends

If they create their own and continue what their doing they would have a clear #1 in the

168 divisions

And make a strong claim in the

160 ( if Jacobs beats Golovkin )
                  175 ( if Adonis fought a live body )
                  CW
                  HW ( If Deontay fights and beats Aj,Fury or Klit )

You'd have to be a ****** or a hater not to aknowledge that's their belt holder was #1 fighter in the division

That leaves 122 ,140 , most likely 160 , 175 as the only divisions they don't have a stranglehold on

Comment

It all depends on how they rank fighters and if they strip them for the right reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X