No announcement yet.

I Hope Geale Passes out at the Weigh In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hope Geale Passes out at the Weigh In

In front of all of the media, photographers, fans, etc who are tired of catchweights and Cotto's diva act.. (and of course I also hope he suffers no damage)

This could jumpstart much needed changes to ban catchweights.

What he is going through right now is really unnecessary and dangerous..I don't care that he signed the contract...its still not right.

He is not a top pound for pound type of fighter and Miguel shouldn't be worried about him so much to make him fight at 157. Regardless, all catchweights are dumb considering how many divisions there are now.

Cotto fans "but cottos the A side,and geale signed the contract doe"

Comment

Why complain about a choice he made?

Comment

I'd rather see Cotto's fanbase pass out ...... permanently

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          As a Geale fan I'm disappointed, but understand their would be no opputunity unless 157 was agreed. I just hope Geale comes in at 160 on the scales and puts a beating on Cotto for his prima donna demands.

Comment

He's 167. 10 pounds of water won't kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              This is ****ing stupid. Who wouldn't take the fight? Really? tell me who?

This is like giving a starving man a piece of hard bread. No **** he's gonna take the damn bread. Had Cotto's people not chosen Geale, it would've been years before Geale got another title shot after the GGG loss.

Why can't people understand this?

Comment

Cotto should have some pride in the belt and defend it at the full weight, not put his opponent at a disadvantage just because he is to small for the weight class.

Yeah it was done to him when he was the b-side but that dosent make it right now, either your part of the problem or part of the solution. He should have some pride and belief in his own ability not trying to lessen his opponent. This goes for every fighter. Do as you want others would do to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  He's 167. 10 pounds of water won't kill him.

if he's already struggled to make weight, 10 more pounds may be impossible. for reference, just consider that a gallon of water weighs around 8 lbs.

that 10 lbs may too much for a dehydrated and emaciated professional athlete. in addition to making weight, these guys have to train for 10 weeks, run, and spar. it takes a hellish toll, and geale is no spring chicken.

cotto's run at 160 is a sham. he's one of the most popular fighters on the planet, and it's allowed him to hold the middleweight championship hostage. this stuff does happen in boxing.

Comment

I'm all for Fair play I don't dick ride my favorite fighters. Cotto is being lame about this. Making catchweights cause he can. Obviously Geale was not going to pass an opportunity for the WBC title. I'm Rican and I like seeing Cotto do well, but all good if Geale can get the w just to bring Cotto back to Earth.

Comment

Working...
                    X