No announcement yet.

Dear Kell BROOK: Turning Down A Title Shot Is A B!tch Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Kell BROOK: Turning Down A Title Shot Is A B!tch Move

Now, I'm not someone who plays the "this guy is scared of that guy" game. I feel that boxers IN GENERAL are full-hearted guys, and it takes balls to strip down to your shorts and fight another man in an arena with tons of people watching.

That being said, Kell Brook just b!tched up somewhat. You have an opportunity to fight FOR A BELT against a beatable guy with a pretty big name...and you pass that up?

Tim Bradley should scare nobody.

WTH?

Why would you turn down a sure-fire title shot to get a shot at a mandatory?

I detest Vanes Kardashian, but at least he is right in trying to go right for the belt instead of playing the "mandatory" games.

He's fighting Alexander next year for the IBF.

Comment

Since early 2011 I've been wanting to see this guy step up, especially because of all the hype that revolved around him, or how he said he would knock Pacquiao out. Maybe Carson Jones has shook his confidence.

Comment

I agree 100%. How do you turn down Tim Bradley to fight Alexander? On top of that why is he talking about Hatton. Fuck fighting a shot Hatton.

Hes about to be a 27 year old prospect and he has no credibility in the sport yet. Lets go already. And I actually like the guy.

Comment

Hopefully he'll get an Alexander shot next year. But as a Brook fan, there's no way you turn down a title shot against a Top 10 P4P fighter. He would lose to Bradley though. I mean I was big in the Brook hype until I saw him struggle way too much with Carson Jones, a decent but not really good or great fighter.

At this point, I'd like to see him take care of Saldivia in November, than fight a Malignaggi/Hatton in the Spring. Than probably an Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Since early 2011 I've been wanting to see this guy step up, especially because of all the hype that revolved around him, or how he said he would knock Pacquiao out. Maybe Carson Jones has shook his confidence.
            Oh, now I see why you're so bitter in regards to Brook.

To the rest of you, are you fucking dumb?

Comment

i believe brook did the right thing hes not mentally ready for the top tier he has to build on that carson expierence and he has also reconised that his diet was bad not getting the right nutrition and stuff i agree abt the age thing but like i say after the carson fight he knows himself where hes at and knows he got to correct a few things before he can have a proper go at the top

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Oh, now I see why you're so bitter in regards to Brook.

To the rest of you, are you fucking dumb?
                I'm a Brook fan, but think he made a good/bad move either way.

If he foguht Bradley, it's a good move getting a title shot from a Top 10 P4P fighter, would be a huge win. It's also a bad move, because he'd lose to Bradley at this stage, and would go back to fighting M. Hattons, N'dou's, etc.

If he didn't fight Bradley, it's a good move, because he can fight a Malignaggi or Alexander next year, which are good fights still but more winnable in my opinion, and still have a Bradley fight open down the line. But it was a bad move because he's been taling about getting a big shot for well over a year now, and when it comes up, he turns it down.

But I think Brook needs to adjust some things, because Jones exploited some weaknesses, and he struggled way too much with Jones for me to be as hyped on Brook as I was.

Comment

Meh. I have nothing against him if he already knows mentally he's a beaten man, but he better start upping his competition fast over fighting Euro bums at home.

Comment

The Britain version of Mikey Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                    X