Collapse
No announcement yet.

patterson and rocky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya, Butterfly, it's definetly a possibility. Patterson had handspeed and punching power that could cut up Maricano's face bad, and Patterson was pretty quick on his feet.

However, Patterson doesn't have a strong chin, but it's much stronger than everyone says it is. He KTFO by Liston and Johnasson, Liston an extrememly hard hitter, and Ingo had that deadly right hand that was called "Ingo's Bingo." Nevertheless, Rocky's "Suzie Q" was not a force to be reckoned with.

I could see this fight going either way, but I would lean more towards Marciano winning on a mid KO. However, if it went the distance, Floyd would win by a large margin of points.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
      I hear ya, Butterfly, it's definetly a possibility. Patterson had handspeed and punching power that could cut up Maricano's face bad, and Patterson was pretty quick on his feet.

However, Patterson doesn't have a strong chin, but it's much stronger than everyone says it is. He KTFO by Liston and Johnasson, Liston an extrememly hard hitter, and Ingo had that deadly right hand that was called "Ingo's Bingo." Nevertheless, Rocky's "Suzie Q" was not a force to be reckoned with.

I could see this fight going either way, but I would lean more towards Marciano winning on a mid KO. However, if it went the distance, Floyd would win by a large margin of points.
      at least one person totally agrees with me. heres some good karma when they allow me to.

Comment

if the fight went the distance (which it most likely wouldnt) rocky might get a sd. i think rocky would catch him in round 7 or 8 and ko him with his suzie q. if you watch patterson vs. johannson, floyd was exauhsted by round 5.

Comment

Originally posted by NextRocky
          if the fight went the distance (which it most likely wouldnt) rocky might get a sd. i think rocky would catch him in round 7 or 8 and ko him with his suzie q. if you watch patterson vs. johannson, floyd was exauhsted by round 5.
          are you crazy? walcott was beating rocy on points in their first fight. and floyd is way better than walcott. in fact rocky was sort or scared of patterson! so patterson would comfortably win a ud if it went the distance.

Comment

rocky was never scared of patterson he had to retire cuz his back problems

Comment

Yea, there was definetly something about Patterson that Rocky didn't want to fight him for. That's why he was planning a comeback for the championship while Ingo was champ. However, Ingo was KTFO by Patterson in their second fight, so Rocky's comeback died then and there. Now I'm not saying that Rocky was scared of Patterson, but there was something Patterson had that Ingo didn't for Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
                Yea, there was definetly something about Patterson that Rocky didn't want to fight him for. That's why he was planning a comeback for the championship while Ingo was champ. However, Ingo was KTFO by Patterson in their second fight, so Rocky's comeback died then and there. Now I'm not saying that Rocky was scared of Patterson, but there was something Patterson had that Ingo didn't for Rocky.
                that is exactly what i was going to say. rocky ducked patterson like a lil' *****!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                  rocky ducked patterson like a lil' *****!
                  Butterfly, before you go saying dumb **** like that, it might be best for you to learn a few things about that time;

- Like when Marciano made the decision to retire (which was well before the annoucement).
                  - The Heavyweight ratings for that time frame.
                  - The odds for Patterson fights with both Hurricane Jackson & Archie Moore (Floyd was an underdog in both, especially the 4 to 1 odds against him against Moore).
                  - Who the hell Marciano & Al Weill associated themselves with and then who D'Amato refused to do business with.
                  - Some quotes from Marciano and those associated with him, stating one of the reasons he retired was because they're was a total lack of competition in his immediate future, which was echoed by MANY in the boxing business.

If you learn just those few things, you'll find that Patterson was thought of very lightly and in fact, wasn't even a ranked Heavyweight contender when Rocky made his decision that he was going to retire...He had no reason what so ever to be scared of a realitive unknown by the name of Floyd Patterson!

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
                    Butterfly, before you go saying dumb **** like that, it might be best for you to learn a few things about that time;

- Like when Marciano made the decision to retire (which was well before the annoucement).
                    - The Heavyweight ratings for that time frame.
                    - The odds for Patterson fights with both Hurricane Jackson & Archie Moore (Floyd was an underdog in both, especially the 4 to 1 odds against him against Moore).
                    - Who the hell Marciano & Al Weill associated themselves with and then who D'Amato refused to do business with.
                    - Some quotes from Marciano and those associated with him, stating one of the reasons he retired was because they're was a total lack of competition in his immediate future, which was echoed by MANY in the boxing business.

If you learn just those few things, you'll find that Patterson was thought of very lightly and in fact, wasn't even a ranked Heavyweight contender when Rocky made his decision that he was going to retire...He had no reason what so ever to be scared of a realitive unknown by the name of Floyd Patterson!
                    your right, and rocky retired cuz he didnt want al weil to make any money off him

Comment

Rocky Would Knock Floyd's Ass Out Cold

Comment

Working...
                      X