No announcement yet.

Sturm vs Zbik from Germany tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    You know what? I'm picking Sturm against Golovkin. I love his jab. Very few fighters throw it with such authority.
    Zbik did better in the first 2 rounds because he was standing in front but slipping the jabs. But he didn't move his head consistently and then started eating too many jabs. Besides, Zbik is featherfisted. Golovkin can punch.

Sturm is too basic imo

Comment

Finally Sturm returned to his jab. He fought a great fight. After a few lacklustre perfomances and narrow escapes, the Felix Sturm of old was back.

Now bring on Martinez or Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
        Martinez would probably lose a good amount of PPV income if the fight was to be on an afternoon instead of night in America.
        Martinez vs Sturm isn't a PPV fight. It would be a regular premium cable HBO fight. The only middleweight fight that would be in PPV in America is Martinez vs Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Yea, he sure as hell fooled me or you can look at it as in Chavez fooled US by making Zbik look so good.
          Partly Chavez just isn't that good and Zbikster fought a tremendous fight that night

Comment

Originally posted by Fanboy Hater View Post
            Zbik did better in the first 2 rounds because he was standing in front but slipping the jabs. But he didn't move his head consistently and then started eating too many jabs. Besides, Zbik is featherfisted. Golovkin can punch.

Sturm is too basic imo
            I haven't really been impressed with Golovkin. His competition has been too mediocre to really take away much from him. Even Strum and Pirog have been fighting better guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Finally Sturm returned to his jab. He fought a great fight. After a few lacklustre perfomances and narrow escapes, the Felix Sturm of old was back.

Now bring on Martinez or Golovkin.
              Be careful what you ask for sir.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Be careful what you ask for sir.
                Sturm is no.2 in the division. A fight against Sergio would be great. Not only because they are the top guns, but it would be a very interesting styles matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Sturm is no.2 in the division. A fight against Sergio would be great. Not only because they are the top guns, but it would be a very interesting styles matchup.
                  That fight is not going to happen honestly neither are going to travel Sturm needs to fight to clear up this super/regular belt nonsense with you know who!

Comment

how did yous all have this fight at the time of stoppage??..i had it 88-83 to Sturm

Comment

I gave Zbik 2 rounds whatever that score is.

Anyone else think the German camera work is much better than HBO? German fights always seem to consistently show better angles than HBO. Much more variety.

Comment

Working...
                      X