Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Williams vs John McDermott Stream?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a ****ing disgrace, is Dave Parris turning into the UK's version of Joe Cortez? and as for the scoring judges, no wonder Maloney said he felt like turning his promotors licence in after that ****ing shambles.
    It was a horrible fight to watch as are most of Danny Williams' to be honest, he was negative and Big John was not positive enough.
    2 of the three points should never have been deducted but once they had then there was no way that Williams should have been given the decision, what a farce.
    The shock on his face when the announcer said "and still" should be enough to tell knowledgeable boxing fans all they need to know.
    And people ask why we think boxing is in decline, check out the appaling refereeing and judgeing in Williams last 2 fights alone, thats enough to turn casual fans away from the sport in droves.

Comment

Truly shocking, John was robbed, and why the **** did Danny have to thank Allah when interviewed.
      Easier to sell a fight with Danny V's the Russian than John.
      Danny wants to vacate the belt, now there's a suprise.

Comment

well that was odd wasnt it.

I hope, personally, that the judges ignored the bull**** point deductions and thats how they came up with the scores they did. I was just thinking before the fight how shameful the corruption in germany is (when they showed the 1.23minute round on dannys last fight), and i was thinking 'glad that kind of crap doesnt happen over here, isnt little old england fantastic. . .then that ****ing shambles happened.

DW said he wanted to vacte after he won the title against gammer, it wouldnt surprise me if he stuck around again, he's not good enough for world class, never was, but he can take a commonwealth or european belt if he gets his act together

Comment

Shameful decision given the deductions

Comment

John Did Not Deserve To Win The Fight, End Of Story.

Comment

As much as I love Danny, I think it's safe to say that he is now shot. Too much 'show-boating' and switching off completely during his recent fights. When his corner are giving him instructions he seems to be in another world, he just looks completely empty as though the words are just coming in one ear and out of the other.

He also really needs to stop with his stupid stance that he seems to have adopted. It's a sort of cross between James Toney and David Haye in that he has his body turned away in a semi shoulder-roll way like Toney andwith his left hand loose and dropped low like Haye does. Unfortunately for Danny though he doesn't have the urgency of Haye or the skill of Toney to make it pay off.

He needs to get his hands up close to his chin, tuck the arms in alot more so he doesn't have an open guard where a jab can get through and his vision isn't blocked by on coming punches. His hands are too high and his guard too open. Tighten up and lower the hands Danny. And lose the stupid stance too.

He also needs to stop posing in the ring, it looks ridiculous and this is why Danny frustrates me. Why don't you just switch on from the first second of the bell and go to war? Why pose and then try and land a big punch? It doesn't work Danny and it hasn;t for the the last THREE years!!!!

I know Danny is hot and cold during each fight but his last few performances (take away the victories) he has been very negative. He totally switches off during fights. He also uses his 'There are two Danny Williams, I don't know which one will turn up' mantra as an excuse time and time and time again. Drop it, you aren't fooling us anymore brother. You need a stern talking to and not just a bunch of 'yes men' who let you do as you please. You are turning into a mental midget Danny and it is heartbreaking for your fans even though you labour out a win. It's pathetic.

All I can say to Danny is; prepare mentally and make sure you are switched on for every single second of the fight. Don't turn off, don't pose, fight like he stole something from you. Otherwise you are just going to disappear and people will remember you as a joke who could have had much more respect off the public.

Forget the Tyson fight, it was a long time ago. Don't even remember it. If you want to be world champion then you need to re-model, be another fighter. At this rate, Samuel Peter (who although crude, is mentally focused and comes to win and blast people out) would hammer you senseless.

Grow up Danny. Where is your pride?

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                Truly shocking, John was robbed, and why the **** did Danny have to thank Allah when interviewed. Easier to sell a fight with Danny V's the Russian than John.
                Danny wants to vacate the belt, now there's a suprise.
                because he had just come out of a hard situation that he fort he would come out of positively.

on a level i think williams lost that fight weither John deserved to win or not. his 5th round performance where he was swaying like trees in the breeze was ridiculous and its a miracle that he stayed on his feet. i think he is done for and as bad as he is Peter would pack him in

Comment

This was a shocking decision, worst ive seen in ages

Comment

Originally posted by number6 View Post
                    This was a shocking decision, worst ive seen in ages
                    How very dare you

Comment

Working...
                    X