Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's body punching: What the hell happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    dude you understand that pacquiao has been on the slide for like 5 + years, right? the guy was in freakish wars at the lower weights. then he moved up and fought durable, big, hard punching welterweights. he never had a style that got him out of the way of all of their gas, either. the guy is hugely deteriorated. that he's able to compete in the contemporary WW climate is a testament to his awful matchmaking of late, and the poor health of the WW division. arum only having a few viable WW opponents that he can actually make the fight with, and keeping him from crawford doesn't help that, either.
    Despite that I still think Crawford will lose in a decision. Pac still has enough movement and power to keep Crawford at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Jmm isnt a power puncher??? since when?? his ko rate is higher then Mannys..man has 40 kos
      Yeah 40 of his 56 career wins ended via stoppage

I'd say that qualifies as a power puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Pacquiao back in 2001 till to 2008 pre Dela Hoya, he is known for being not only destructive in his punches but also his punch variety. He is a very strong body puncher back in the lower weight, that's how he beat Barrera back in 2003, that's how he beat Erik Morales to slow him down after Morales boxed him out 4 rounds out of 5 in the second fight, and that's how Manny Pacquiao killed Diaz with in punching to the body, that's how he slowed down and knock out Solis, then after the Dela Hoya fight, it all disappeared (Except for the Hatton Fight)

Any possible explanation?
        He has been a professional fighter since he was 16 he is going on 37 now.... Let that sink in for a moment....

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          Despite that I still think Crawford will lose in a decision. Pac still has enough movement and power to keep Crawford at bay.
          really hard for me to see that

the struggle was real against Vargas

and TC's talent level and skill set is a full level above Jessie Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Yeah 40 of his 56 career wins ended via stoppage

I'd say that qualifies as a power puncher
            exactly..i dont understand why people act like he SUDDENLY. got power

Comment

how about a sudden boost of power?

Comment

No one is/was surprised JMM had power, he has always had decent pop but he isn't a damn power puncher. He certainly only wobbled Pacquiao about 2 times at most across 36 rounds of boxing and all of a sudden, he turned up in the 4th fight in THE sahpe of his life.

As a keen boxing observer, long before the KO ever happened, I saw the weigh in and posted somewhere on here that JMM just got the physique of a 25 year old...a physique he never had when he was 25 lol And he managedt o generate one punch ko power and enough power to knock Pac down. I repeat, he had never even come close to something like that in 36 previous rounds.

On top of all that, you have to contend with Memo, a damn drug chetaing expert, in his corner lol

I don't like saying so and so in a cheat without that person testing positive at least once but there is definitely room for suspicion here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                  how about a sudden boost of power?
                  what sudden boost of power?

Comment

what sudden boost of power?
                    oh yeah, let's play dumb larry

Comment

Jmm isnt a power puncher??? since when?? his ko rate is higher then Mannys..man has 40 kos
                      Even Nacho admits Marquez is not a power puncher. He can punch enough but his percentage is due to his weak resume more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X