Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas Confident: Manny Pacquiao Never Faced Anyone Like Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like Vargas. I was at the fight when he beat Ali for the title and I was impressed. But this statement is absolutely ludicrous. You're telling me, of all the fighters Pacquiao has faced in his long and storied career, that none of them are on your level? Come on. Vargas is solid, probably better then people give him credit for, but unless Pacquiao is past it he doesn't win this fight and I have no desire to see it. I would like to see Vargas fight someone like Lamont Peterson, or even a unification with Danny Garcia. Those would be interesting fights

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      I actually like Vargas. I was at the fight when he beat Ali for the title and I was impressed. But this statement is absolutely ludicrous. You're telling me, of all the fighters Pacquiao has faced in his long and storied career, that none of them are on your level? Come on. Vargas is solid, probably better then people give him credit for, but unless Pacquiao is past it he doesn't win this fight and I have no desire to see it. I would like to see Vargas fight someone like Lamont Peterson, or even a unification with Danny Garcia. Those would be interesting fights
      I see it the same way you do bro, good unbias post. I think Vargas is just trying to get a payday, he knows deep down Pacquiaos fought other guys similar to him. One fighter that comes to mind is Erik Morales. He could catch an old Pac though just like Morales caught a green Pac. & I am with you, I want to see Vargas vs. DSG, I think that fight does well on national T.V. and could be the beginning of a working relationship between TR and PBC...

Comment

I'm positive someone dropped Jessie on his head when he was a baby.

Comment

I'm certain Vargas would fight Paqcuiao without pricing himself up too much, as compared to guys like Broner, Garcia, Crawford.

This is what gives him an edge over others as far as Arum is concerned.

I just wish these young prime fighters focus on other prime fighters, instead of focusing on a retired fighter. There's Garcia, Thurman, Broner, etc.

Comment

Wut?
            I like Vargas, but only because he connected ONE good punch against Bradley, he believes he is elite, every fighter that Manny has faced since he started fighting in the usa, has been better than Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              lol, no way man. Vargas is a lot better than you give him credit for. He beats Porter, Thurman and Garcia are 50/50 and Spence needs to fight someone with a pulse before anyone mentions his name. His best win is giving mayweather a black eye sparring, please...
              You're kidding right? They all beat him easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                Is there a less interesting option for Pacquiao's return than Jessie Vargas?

I rather see him fight Robert Guerrero than Jessie Vargas. At least, I know that Robert would come to fight. Arum must think "he's young, he's Mexican, he has a title, why haven't I made this fight sooner?!?!". If this fight gets made, it's going to be Pacquiao-Algieri part deux in the ring and it's going to sell like pre-Oscar Pacquiao-David Diaz outside of it.
                i dont know whats going on at the top rank office.. i have a feeling it was arum and TR who suggested manny to announce his retirement after the 3rd bradley fight in order to boost up the ppv, etc. i get why they did that...

but if this is suppose to be pac's first fight back from retirement, who in the world would even be interested for this match up? i mean top rank has got to atleast see this and realize that this fight will not sell! if the 3rd bradley fight was bad even with the retirement announcement, this fight with vargas will bomb even worst.

Comment

No one wants to see this! And no Vargas you're not even faster than old Pacquiao. He's still faster than you. Why does Arum keep making boring fights that will lose money? At least tell me this will be at 140 so we can see what Pacquiao looks like carrying less weight against someone closer to his own size.

Comment

I just saw where he said that he was faster than Manny

Comment

Oh cmon jessie.. cut the bs.

Comment

Working...
                      X