No announcement yet.

Looking At Models Changes Your Brain!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    Okay, so you're conveniently only talking about "established top models" now or something. A runway model who had an agent, went to Europe, etc. doesn't count now, nor do the models she worked with, according to you. I'm sure your opinion counts more than hers.

I can't name any top models for you because I'm not gay. I can pull them, though...well, maybe not the voluptuous "established tops models" you are an expert on.
    'Conveniently'?

I was talking about models you see in magazines. Established, household name models, if you will. I was discussing the content of the video, as you do.

Then you came in and started going on about some irrelevant nonsense. The girl you knew belongs to a completely different topic of discussion, not one about women's perceived ideal body type when they look at supermodels in the magazines. Girls with malnourished figures don't get published in magazines, and even if for some bizarre reason they were then they'd be photoshopped into a more healthy looking image so essentially your point dies right there.

Obviously on the whole, an industry like modelling will always have its problems with girls wanting to starve themselves, I agree with you on that and I'm sure the girl you knew has a better knowledge than me on such things. But as I've said, it's a different discussion for a different time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
      No, you were actually being very vague and making bold statements that would be better left to someone in the modeling field, i.e. an agent, a model... You define what an established and/or a struggling model is, but that is subjective and it differs from what others think. I know models that have appeared on one or another type of advert or magazine, etc.--they worked for agencies as that is how models typically get these gigs. That said, they still struggle and they nor many of their friends in the field do not make it long term.
      Sorry for any confusion then, I'll try to be more specific as to what my meaning of an established model is.

I'm talking about models that regularly appear in magazine spreads and make a good living from what they do. To me, these are the models that the video is referring to and these are the models I have been talking about since post 1.

Models that do major campaigns and that are seen by a wider audience across the world are what I'm referring to.

The whole point originally was about the way the 'supermodel' type body is beginning to be what looks like frowned upon by a lot of society. I've seen it myself with girls I know who have been made to feel like **** for having this tall/skinny type frame (by fat girls, mostly). Seems like people love to brand these girls as being massively underweight for having a different body type and that's what I think this video is doing. Didn't really intend to get into a discussion about the intricate differences between an established/struggling model, which as you said is subjective.

Comment

Anyway, I've spent ENTIRELY too much time debating this and I've been procrastinating on this site for about 4 hours now when I have more important stuff I could be doing. Forgive me if I take a day or so to respond to anything someone wants to respond with (if anyone actually bothers wasting their time replying again, which I doubt).

Comment

The same happened to me from too many years looking at and interacting here on the Scene. My brain activity is now just 25% of what it was, and 11.4% of that activity has turned to Schizophreniac and warped thoughts of only Manny and Floyd. I don't know why they both keep popping to the forefront of my mind...................... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
            Sorry for any confusion then, I'll try to be more specific as to what my meaning of an established model is.

I'm talking about models that regularly appear in magazine spreads and make a good living from what they do. To me, these are the models that the video is referring to and these are the models I have been talking about since post 1.

Models that do major campaigns and that are seen by a wider audience across the world are what I'm referring to.

The whole point originally was about the way the 'supermodel' type body is beginning to be what looks like frowned upon by a lot of society. I've seen it myself with girls I know who have been made to feel like **** for having this tall/skinny type frame (by fat girls, mostly). Seems like people love to brand these girls as being massively underweight for having a different body type and that's what I think this video is doing. Didn't really intend to get into a discussion about the intricate differences between an established/struggling model, which as you said is subjective.
            No, forgive me man. I was drunk when reading and reacting to this thread and misinterpreted. You made some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
              Why do you youtube such boring, gay video's?

Stop wasting my time, faggot.

Comment

Working...
              X